oBravo Earphones and Headphones Land in UK
Jul 9, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #301 of 498
I have the EAMT-3A, they woth every cent of their $2399.

Technically they are way above the Layla, Vega and KSE1500 and are on par with the TIA Fourte (in despite of the very few minutes of experience that I have with the TIA), but they look weird, delicate and requires a very good dac/amp to sing.

Out of your midfi dap and smartphone they will sound good but not great as you would expect, they must be paired with the right sources. I don't feel that they are genre dependant because they perform well with everything from Classical to dubstep. I just can't wait to hear the flagship EAMT-1C, I have no doubts that they worth well their $4600
EAMT-1c's are the most natural sounding iems I have ever owned, with wonderful soundstage and instrument timbre. Frankly, they're the only thing I listen to anymore, and the only iems I now own, having sold my others. I've also pretty much decided I'm going to sell my Ether Flows since I use them so infrequently anymore. I was fortunate enough to buy mine from a fellow Head-fier, but you can now get them for considerably less than their stated retail price.

Jul 9, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #302 of 498
great you like the eamt-3a, the amt driver is unique. what i realy like about my eamt-1c that you can tune the sound changing the tips and/or the cable. after a ted silver litz cable i now use a cable with 2 copper and 2 silver litz wire per side, a perfect match for my liking. thanks to the tip of fiascogarcia obravo sent me 2 pairs mmcx connectors for free, a great service. i also think
that the kse1500 is no rival for the eamt, lacks fine dynamics and timbre, sadly you are bond the their amp (the weak link in my opinion) with these iem.

Jul 9, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #303 of 498
EAMT-1c's are the most natural sounding iems I have ever owned, with wonderful soundstage and instrument timbre. Frankly, they're the only thing I listen to anymore, and the only iems I now own, having sold my others. I've also pretty much decided I'm going to sell my Ether Flows since I use them so infrequently anymore. I was fortunate enough to buy mine from a fellow Head-fier, but you can now get them for considerably less than their stated retail price.

The 3A is already better to my ears than most multi BA flagships ( even better than my LCD X which I have a special love for), the 1C shall be even better :)

I heard about an upcoming EAMT-0 series, I don't know how much they will cost, but we shall have new record breakers in both price and performance for a pair of iems !

Jul 9, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #304 of 498
great you like the eamt-3a, the amt driver is unique. what i realy like about my eamt-1c that you can tune the sound changing the tips and/or the cable. after a ted silver litz cable i now use a cable with 2 copper and 2 silver litz wire per side, a perfect match for my liking. thanks to the tip of fiascogarcia obravo sent me 2 pairs mmcx connectors for free, a great service. i also think
that the kse1500 is no rival for the eamt, lacks fine dynamics and timbre, sadly you are bond the their amp (the weak link in my opinion) with these iem.

I badly need to source those connectors as I have a bunch of Silver Dragons, Norne and Whiplash in my drawer. I usually hate DIY as something can go wrong, but I can source the right guy to get the job done neatly!

The stock cables are quite poor in terms of quality, I have both white with stripes and the grey one. The white one sounds clearer, while the grey is warmer, I don't think that one is an upgrade over the other. Can someone confirm these findings?

Jul 9, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #305 of 498
I badly need to source those connectors as I have a bunch of Silver Dragons, Norne and Whiplash in my drawer. I usually hate DIY as something can go wrong, but I can source the right guy to get the job done neatly!

The stock cables are quite poor in terms of quality, I have both white with stripes and the grey one. The white one sounds clearer, while the grey is warmer, I don't think that one is an upgrade over the other. Can someone confirm these findings?
I haven't verified this, but I thought Phil at Audio Sanctuary indicated that they are the same cable with different sleeve.

Jul 9, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #306 of 498
i heard the eamt-0 should come end july/august with two models, one alluminium http://www.snm.com.hk/images/OurBrands-4-por13.jpg the other bronze https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cz8fxCaUQAAvEHa.jpg . they have a second generation amt driver. price 6k up. i ask obravo about that when i contacted them about the connectors.

you are right, the white balanced and the gray orginal cable don't sound the same. phil said to me also they are the same but was a matter of seconds to hear the difference for me (thats why i wanted mmcx connectors to go 2.5mm balanced). i prefer the grey orginal cable (nice overall match) over the white (sounds a kind of disconnected) one but with a better cable you can improve resolution, soundstage and a tad dynamic.

all silver litz cable looses for me a bit of the great musicality of the eamt-1c (a tad to dry, analytic focused), the silver copper cabel has the nice balance of the gray cable with better resolution and a excellent soundstage. both are better then the two orginal cables at the end.

Jul 9, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #307 of 498
i heard the eamt-0 should come end july/august with two models, one alluminium http://www.snm.com.hk/images/OurBrands-4-por13.jpg the other bronze https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cz8fxCaUQAAvEHa.jpg . they have a second generation amt driver. price 6k up. i ask obravo about that when i contacted them about the connectors.

you are right, the white balanced and the gray orginal cable don't sound the same. phil said to me also they are the same but was a matter of seconds to hear the difference for me (thats why i wanted mmcx connectors to go 2.5mm balanced). i prefer the grey orginal cable (nice overall match) over the white (sounds a kind of disconnected) one but with a better cable you can improve resolution, soundstage and a tad dynamic.

all silver litz cable looses for me a bit of the great musicality of the eamt-1c (a tad to dry, analytic focused), the silver copper cabel has the nice balance of the gray cable with better resolution and a excellent soundstage. both are better then the two orginal cables at the end.
I enjoy the clarity of silver, but I am also running through a Liquid Carbon, which adds a touch of warmth and dynamics on the lower end.

Jul 9, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #308 of 498

Here are the EAMT-1c's with Silver Dragon. Pretty little connectors and well constructed, but the cable itself seems a little unruly.

Obravo 04.jpg

Attachments

• Obravo 04.jpg
    Obravo 04.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 0
Jul 9, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #309 of 498
Here are the EAMT-1c's with Silver Dragon. Pretty little connectors and well constructed, but the cable itself seems a little unruly.

Drew does a marvelous job on his cables, I still prefer the Dragons over the most expensive ones as they are very environment proof, very sturdy for an OTG usage with having to worry about them.

I broke two sub $500 cables already and a third one that got unbraided through months of daily usage, some of them may may sound better but are very fragile

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #310 of 498
looks good the silver dragon cable. i like to hunt for good audio cables since years which i need for my diy gear i made from time to time. the good thing is that a fine cable don't need to be expensive when you can do it for yourself and have time to try different types. i use a acrolink (japan) cable at the moment (cu/ag or ag) for the eamt-1c http://img.alicdn.com/imgextra/i2/585846110/TB22tQXabWJ.eBjSspdXXXiXFXa_!!585846110.jpg you find these cable easy via ali... or the bay for cheap, worth a try :)

cable.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #311 of 498
Eamt0 will be in aluminium and copper and will be called Ra. 16mm dynamic and 8mm AMT ii.

Both cables do have the same conductor so it could be the difference in hours on them at a guess.

I'm glad the EAMT range is beginning to get the following it deserves.

Jul 9, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #313 of 498
I have a Ra in aluminium at the moment. It's not a final version and I'm yet to hear the final. Both will be at the show in September I cannot mention.

The cables are using different manufacturers of 3.5mm jack and oB-mmcx. This could potentially make a difference.

Jul 9, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #314 of 498
Drew does a marvelous job on his cables, I still prefer the Dragons over the most expensive ones as they are very environment proof, very sturdy for an OTG usage with having to worry about them.

I broke two sub $500 cables already and a third one that got unbraided through months of daily usage, some of them may may sound better but are very fragile
One of my favorite things about the Dragons is that they have about a week to 10 day turn around. I've really grown tired of waiting months and months for cables. I wish I could DIY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back