[Not-So-Poor Man Reviews] Final Audio Design's Lab I (1500 Dollar Legacy)
Nov 23, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #108 of 151
I have access to one on sort of a unique arrangement.

Nov 23, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #112 of 151
Yeah I was thinkin the same. Reminds me of the black iPhone 5. How it'd chip along the chamfered edges :l

Maybe it's an "aging design" :rolleyes:

Nov 23, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #113 of 151
Yeah I was thinkin the same. Reminds me of the black iPhone 5. How it'd chip along the chamfered edges :l

Maybe it's an "aging design"
rolleyes.gif

Iphone 5 was one of the (if I may) sexiest Iphone designs ever. 

Nov 23, 2014 at 4:13 AM Post #117 of 151
Sorry...but how does that change things?  I'm am genuinely confused, not sarcastic.  

The chipping on the housing was the first thing I noticed when looking at the pictures. I can't imagine these to be the end product. The distributor can't be reached now but my guess is this is a pre-order sample and final product will have different housing/faceplates.

Nov 23, 2014 at 4:42 AM Post #118 of 151
The chipping on the housing was the first thing I noticed when looking at the pictures. I can't imagine these to be the end product. The distributor can't be reached now but my guess is this is a pre-order sample and final product will have different housing/faceplates.

Probably got chipped, but my retailer confirmed the color to be the same....unless he is severely mistaken.

Nov 23, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #119 of 151
am hoping to have an insight on the heaven VII & VIII as a comparison with the Lab 1, although logically speaking, Lab 1 should surpass them. The question is by how much to justify this piece of luxurious indulgence.

Nov 23, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #120 of 151
I actually like the V aging design & it's black version...in fact am hoping VII & VIII will have a similar range...am not sure am overly demanding but I believe with modern technology, artistic expression should co-exist with functionality. This is the reason I love FAD more than any earphone labels. FAD has flair and technical ability in both sonic presentation as well as the physical representations of their products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back