New Release----Mixcder Wired Earbuds X5 Tests and Reviews Start now
Apr 24, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #91 of 115
  Hello My friends, So glad to see all the reviews. Thank you so much for the hard work. But we noticed that some of you mentioned that a week is too short to review a brand-new product, I am not a professional reviewer or an audiophile and I am really sorry that I asked for a review within a week since the receipt. 
etysmile.gif
  Can you guys let me know how long do you usually need so we can have a better and more reasonable time schedule for our next review round.

Many thanks in advance.

Personally I enjoy two weeks of time with an earphone before I write. One week to live with them as a daily driver, and the next week to listen critically, take notes, compare, etc. This gives me ample time to get accustomed to their signature and any quirks, be they regarding the sound, comfort, build quality, etc.

But, as @ngoshawk pointed out a week to ten days seems to be the standard, especially on tours where the earphone is being shipped to another reviewer after the review period is up. This might be a format worth looking into for future Mixcder tours as it will help better structure the release of reviews. Instead of having them come out all at once they would be spread out over a few weeks/months.

Apr 24, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #92 of 115
I usually ask for two weeks for reviews, except for ultra high end($1000+) gears(I ask for a month for these). If I purchase the equipment myself, I usually take about a month, or even longer.

If you need a review quickly for a new product, I suggest sending out pre-production prototypes for reviews.

Apr 24, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #94 of 115
I like the way Mixcder goes about doing review rounds. It's an event. Getting to actually keep the products is awesome and hassle free. Plus the product is now yours and if you notice something later you can update your review!

I think just giving an extra week or so for the completion of reviews is good. Just to ease the minds of some members.

Both rounds I've been in I've seen members who need more time, and Mixcder has never showed any issue with that whatsoever.

Apr 24, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #95 of 115
Getting to try out new gear is a real privilege.   Getting to keep it is even more so.  I certainly understand that there is a break point where as a business owner, I cannot afford to give away product for the sake of marketing and I think the review tours make great sense.   This gives us users a chance to try out really cool gear that budget simply would not allow otherwise, and it gives the manufacturers a way to divide the cost of a single set of headphones or an amp amongst all the users in the review chain.  

To compare the lower cost give away items vs the review tour in economic terms:

If an item is $22 retail we can assume a manufacturer cost of roughly $12. (This of course will vary and is not a suggested cost for anything other than our hypothetical product).   If I solicit reviewers for my item and get 15 users who want to try it, my total cost ($12 cost + $5 shipping per item) * 15 users  gives me a total spend of $255 in order to get 15 reviews.

If a $500 item costs me $350 to make,  it would cost me $5475 to get those same 15 reviews if I gave away the product. (Assuming 350 cost + $15 shipping per user).   As you might guess, most companies are not in the financial position to spend $5500 for 15 internet reviews.

If instead I send one sample out  to the first person in a review chain, and 15 people try it my cost is now $350 + $15 for initial shipping. This is $24.33 per review generated.  That is much more in line with what most can afford to give away in a marketing promo.  

If you then consider that when the item returns to me I have the option of selling it as used stock and potentially recouping half my asking price of $250, this would further reduce my review cost to $365-250/15 or  $7.67 per review.  

The other option would be to select one lucky reviewer to give the sample to at the close of the review chain.  This incentivizes the review process and moves us back to a total cost of $350+$15 initial shipping + $15 shipping to winner of review lottery.   My total cost is then $380 or $25.34 per review.

When you look at the high cost product vs the lower cost products in economic terms, giving away the low cost products and doing a review tour of the higher end products have roughly the same cost per review to the marketing department.

Apr 29, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #96 of 115
Today I received the X5. Initial impressions are positive; tonight I'll be listening to music and watching a movie with the IEMs in my ears. Tomorrow I'll take them to the gym and see if they're appropriate companions for lifting.

May 6, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #98 of 115
Hello Guys, long time no see. So busy these days. Hope you guys are doing great.

Thank you so much for your honesty and great advice @ngoshawk, @ wiljen, @ B9Scramble @ kimvictor and @ LNuneek. I think we will go with 10-15 days for our next review round.

Wish you guys a nice weekend. :beerchug:

May 6, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #99 of 115
Today I received the X5. Initial impressions are positive; tonight I'll be listening to music and watching a movie with the IEMs in my ears. Tomorrow I'll take them to the gym and see if they're appropriate companions for lifting.
good to know you finally got the headphone. Looking forward to your full review on the X5.

May 6, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #101 of 115
Hello Guys, long time no see. So busy these days. Hope you guys are doing great.

Thank you so much for your honesty and great advice @ngoshawk, @ wiljen, @ B9Scramble @ kimvictor and @ LNuneek. I think we will go with 10-15 days for our next review round.

Wish you guys a nice weekend. :beerchug:

Speaking of the weekend...I should have my long overdue review up Sunday along with a video review. I really like this little unit!

May 9, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #103 of 115
Video review is now live. Thank you @Mixcder for the wonderful gift, and a really, quite good IEM! I thoroughly enjoy it, and it is my go-to on workouts! Thank you, again!

May 18, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #104 of 115
Glad to know that all of you guys have received the Mixcder X5 by far. There are 6 reviews left now, Pls share the review link here when you finish your review. We will choose one review as the most popular review as we promised in the begining of this review round. The reviewer will be rewarded as our Golden Super User. :o2smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back