NEW Ref 8 IEM cable by ALO
Nov 28, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #17 of 53
So @Ken a few questions that are going to pop up anyway..

1.what you have said above is quite clear but to confirm it, the Litz is going the way of the Tinsel....all models in the near future will instead come with the reference 8. BA and DD.

2. Will ALO still have the Litz in stock in the future as a buyable option? Or will it be discontinued.

3. Obviously ALO views the Reference 8 as better ( as the Litz was better than the tinsel).
What improvements does the Ref 8 have in terms of sound over the Litz?

As you know I have the Reference 8 and soon will embark on some comparisons myself.

Thanks

Hey Guys,

No, the Litz is our stock IEM cable and will remain as such. The Ref 8 will replace the SXC24 and the Copper22 variants.

#3 I would rather let users comment here.. Keep in mind that our stock Litz cable IMO is so far away and above any other "stock" included IEM cable out there and in fact the Litz cable to me is worthy of a "upgrade" cable title. The Litz cable is really hard to beat.

The Ref 8 IEM cable is constructed via 8 x 32 awg conductors. 4 of them are certified OCC copper, and the other 4 are Silver Plated OFC copper. 

Cheers

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Dec 2, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #19 of 53
  What about the impedance of this cable?

Hi 2K13,

I did not measure this but my friends at Westone did, .8 ohm very low impedance.

ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Mar 19, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #22 of 53
I'm thinking of getting the Ref8 for my 64Audio U8. Does the ref8 only come with translucent rubber around jack and connectors?

I've seen some photos where these parts are black. Is it possible to choose black when ordering?

Also how long would delivery be to uk?

Mar 24, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #23 of 53
Just got mine in today. I really like the braiding, but (comparing to the litz cable that came with my vega) it is quite a bit stiffer, less supple and less flexible, and I am finding it has noticeably more microphonics. Has this been others experience too?

Aug 4, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #25 of 53
I'm interested in getting one for my recently acquired Jupiters, if anyone tries that combination out let me know what you think and what differences does it bring compared to the stock Litz.

Aug 7, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #27 of 53
I was considering this for my Vega and InEar Prophile 8. I did note though, that the InEar folks specified a cable impedence in the upper ones (1.7). Curious what happens if a lower impedence cable is substituted?
Thx

Aug 9, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #28 of 53
Feb 10, 2018 at 6:23 AM Post #30 of 53
I have to say after using the R8 for 3 months that it finally clicked to me one day on why it's called Reference 8. All my other cables including the ones I made are more colored comparing to the R8. Just now I was wanting a bit more punch and life with Andromedas so I went back to my old cables and the difference is clear. If you want more reference/neutral sound over what you've already had then this will give it to you, though whether it's a good thing or not is totally subjective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back