New Questyle CMA400i
Jun 1, 2017 at 12:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,014

Bacon Bits

100+ Head-Fier
400i%20-手机英文版.jpg

I haven't yet found a thread about this amp. If there is one just tell me. Took this info off their website.

Only one review so far from headphone.guru. Price is $799.

Jun 21, 2017 at 3:11 AM Post #8 of 1,014
New review, but in Polish. Here is a taste of the absurd-at-times but largely understandable Google-translate version:
The structure, color, and soundness of the sound are straightforward. There are lots of micronutrients, layers, sounds, flesh and texture in it. It is very clear to hear any tones, in this diameter, which is thick but not sticky - light and without unnecessary syrup.
https://translate.google.com/transl...tereoikolorowo.blogspot.com/2017/&prev=search

The reviewer says it'll be available in July.

Jul 13, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #10 of 1,014
@karmazynowy

Thanks for the input. Did the person who gave their opinion on it not working well with planars give reasons why?
All I can say is that I used planar magnetic headphones for my review and they worked amazing, so I would guess that the person was referring to a specific hard to drive headphone. There are a few planars out there that require an extreme amount of power to drive.

Jul 13, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #11 of 1,014
Don't really know more details, but there was in fact two persons, who shared that opinion and they have tried Ethers Flow which are not hard to drive, right? Anyway I just ordered 400i so I will check it with my Oppos PM3 and D7200.

Jul 16, 2017 at 3:30 AM Post #14 of 1,014
Short impression:

I tried them for quite a while yesterday at jaben, and I found them to have a much blacker background, a slightly more pronounced treble and wider and more airy soundstage compared to the chord mojo.

Pairing wise I'm not quite sure about headphones but I tried them with my jh5 (se) and jaben's fitear mh334 demo (se and balanced 2.5mm). With low gain it sounds great on se, but on balanced I could hear some hiss. Not sure where the fault lies because the iem, balanced cable and the cma400i belongs to the store, I hope other head-fiers could share their experience especially on using the balanced output.

P.S. I have a pair of uneducated tin ears, please read it with a grain of salt

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #15 of 1,014
I had a 30 to 40 minute audition in balanced with no sign of hiss on my heir 10 u and was so impressed I purchased the cma400i from the London can jam I had a good listen to some daps that cost over £2000 but decieded to keep my calyx for the time being and purchase the 400i

Users who are viewing this thread

Back