New member!
May 20, 2017 at 1:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Kelziad

New Head-Fier
Hello!
I'm just about to get into the audio community, like most people I've been listening to music alot during my whole life but now want to kick it up a notch! Been browing the website for a couple a weeks now and I love it.

May 20, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #3 of 9
Haha, Cheers!

Already got a good price on Fostex th-x00 purple hearts, i have to decide if i wanna go for fiio or schiit as amp/dac, fiio gives me the option of portable, while schiit seems better from what I've read.

May 20, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #5 of 9
I have no budget really, but I don't wanna spend more then I really have to, since it's also my first dive into "audiophilia"? xD I was gonna get magni modi uber combo and a beyerdynamic dt770 for starters, but then I got a good offer on the th-x00 and suddenly a dap got intressting.

May 20, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #6 of 9
Gotcha. Well, I really like the Onkyo DP-X1A a whole lot. It has way too many features to mention here. Maybe read about it and see what you think. It sounds terrific. Really a nice DAP. About 600 bucks or so.

May 20, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #7 of 9
Yeah I've read about it, as I said I don't really have a budget, but I don't wanna go all out to start with. So really just wondering if fiio k5 + x1 would be good for starters? then maybe get a x7 if I enjoy it!

May 20, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #8 of 9
I think that would be a good start. I have not heard the K5 but did own a X1 a while back and it is a solid dap. Not a big fan of the X7 though I would pic the DP-X1 before it. Depends on the type of music you listen to on the TH-X00's as I put them in the very fun headphone category.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back