New Member Introductions thread
Jul 28, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #6,151 of 15,519
Hi, I'm Miguel and I've been lurking around these forums for years now, but have to acquired enough gear and put in enough time to create an account and start writing some reviews.

Desktop setup:
HD 600 + NAD D3020

Mobile setup:
B&O H6 v2 + Oppo HA-2SE

On the way:
PSB M4U1
Bottlehead Crack + Speedball
STAX SR-L700 + SRM-353X

Jul 28, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #6,152 of 15,519
Hi guys,

I've been a long time lurker of these forums and finally decided to become a bit more active part of the community.

I listen to a good bunch of different genres which includes: Metal (most sub-genres), Classical, Folk, Electronic (EDM, Trap...), Jazz, Rock (mostly Post-rock), Shoegaze, among others.

My wallet has been sorry since I started this hobby and I guess it will become depressive very soon. Every new headphone I buy I want to keep for something specific, so I'm becoming a hoarder too. Anyway, prospects aren't good but let's hope for the best.
I just hope that you are still enjoying the music! That should be the biggest purpose of this fun hobby

Jul 29, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #6,153 of 15,519
Hi all, newb here from Toronto, I've been into headphones for years and mainly use a set of Sennheiser HD-518 cans powered by a Xonar STX Essence soundcard and a set of old HD-202 for travelling. I listen mostly to drum n bass, classic rock, jazz/funk and classical.

Jul 29, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #6,154 of 15,519
Hi all, newb here from Toronto, I've been into headphones for years and mainly use a set of Sennheiser HD-518 cans powered by a Xonar STX Essence soundcard and a set of old HD-202 for travelling. I listen mostly to drum n bass, classic rock, jazz/funk and classical.
Welcome, @TroublesomeTurnip!! Head-fi is very happy to have you here with us... ---)

Jul 30, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #6,158 of 15,519
I haven't been posting in this thread in a while, but I've been reading. Once I saw that you ordered the Realiser A16, I had to post. Wow. The Realiser was and is one of my favorite demos of a product, ever. It changed my thinking first-hand to the point that when properly calibrated, a headphone (demoed with the HD800) can not only sound like full-range speakers, but sound...better. You are in for a fulfilling treat!

Oh yeah, welcome to Head-Fi, and posting after almost a year of signing up!

Take care!
Thanks for the welcome.

I'm frankly jealous that you have had a demo and am thrilled to hear your enthusiasm! I'm not quite sure what I am going to do about a calibration but I'll figure something out. Also not sure if you have purchased one or not but a company update today basically said that we are in the home stretch.

Jul 30, 2017 at 2:04 AM Post #6,159 of 15,519
Thanks for the welcome.

I'm frankly jealous that you have had a demo and am thrilled to hear your enthusiasm! I'm not quite sure what I am going to do about a calibration but I'll figure something out. Also not sure if you have purchased one or not but a company update today basically said that we are in the home stretch.
You're most welcome.

No need to be jealous - especially since you'll be having one of your very own soon!

You'll figure it out. Maybe meet up with them at an event they will be exhibiting, or they may have you do something that will get you in a good ballpark of measurements.

I was like one number away from winning one last year - but it's all good. I'll live vicariously through you, haha.

Enjoy and again, welcome!

Jul 30, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #6,160 of 15,519
Hello everyone from Saint-Petersburg, Russia!

I've been visiting Head-Fi since around 2013 in a read-only mode. Decided to register, because I'm currently looking forward to make my portable audio set wireless using some Bluetooth DAC (AK XB10 or Creative SB E3/E5).

My modest set of gear:
  • AKG K171 Studio & Sennheiser HDR120 for home usage (Movies & gaming, both bought many years ago);
  • Westone W30, Sandisk Sansa Clip for on-the-go;
  • Creative Aurvana Live! for long sessions at my job.
Used to have:
  • Sennheiser CX300-II, Bose IE2
I've tried:
  • Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, B&O BeoPlay H2, B&O BeoPlay H6, B&W P3, B&W P5, JVC HA-RX700, Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-1A;
  • Klipsch X11i, JH Layla, JH Roxanne, Sennheiser IE8, Sony XBA-Z5, Westone W10, Westone W40;
  • Astell&Kern AK Jr, FiiO X3-II, iBasso DX80, iBasso DX90.
My influencers:
  • I've been following lachlanlikesathing YouTube channel for quite many years already.
  • I also follow stalker29218 (YouTube channel, unfortunately - only in Russian), the guy, who is breaking some audiophile myths, prefers audio science and makes funny and unusual comparisons of audio equipment.
I'm always a skeptic when it comes to audio stuff and try to test everything in real life and to believe my ears only. Thank you for attention :)

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #6,161 of 15,519
Hello all,
I'm from France, and reading also this forum for years...I think it's time to begin a new membership there.
My main rig is built with active speakers (Geithain RL940 and ken Kreisel subs), Parasound P7 preamp, PSAudio directstream jr Dac and a modded (LPSU) Mac mini, used with Roon+Tidal and convolution files.
I also have more modest headphones, an Audio technica ATH MSR7, and a smaller AKG K450.
I think I'll post first mainly on the computer forum, as I'm mainly interested for now in the future of digital sound, specially Audio over IP (I read a big part of the looooong thread there...)

My musical tastes are lots of electronic music (ambient/chillout/Berlin school influences) and minimalist pop/folk, with also some classical romantic chamber music.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #6,163 of 15,519
Hey guys :)

I'm from Miami, pretty new to the world of headphones. For probably five years, I've used the Microsoft LifeChat 3000 for some gaming/Skyping/music. Bought two sets, both secondhand on eBay, and I've been pretty happy with them, but I wanted to get something that has a mm jack instead of a USB, so I can use it to listen to music on the bus and at work. I was going to drop by the corner store and get whatever looked fun until I decided to google a few options first, and man am I glad I did.

Mostly I like rock music, along with some folk, pop, and rhythm and blues. Occasionally some death metal, instrumental, electropop, or audiobooks. I love songs with bass in them, though I prefer stripped or single-instrument songs for blues-type music. I've got an idea of what I'm looking for in a headset, and I've been reading through a lot of the recommendation and review threads, so hopefully I'll have something new soon.

Looking forward to being around the forums. ✧

Users who are viewing this thread

Back