New launch - iFi audio iSILENCER3.0
Dec 26, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #17 of 101
  Anyone tried using the iSilencer with iPurifier 2 yet? Got my iSilencer on xmas eve and I am aiming to get the iPurifier sometime before new year

Please Review iSilencer :)

Dec 28, 2016 at 2:35 AM Post #18 of 101
  Please Review iSilencer :)

I have really bad audio memory and writing so I won't dare to do an official review
tongue_smile.gif

But in terms of SQ wise:
Does it make a different -Yes but only for some of my tracks.
Is it day and night - Nope.

Do I hear any noise in my tracks - A big nope.

Dec 28, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #19 of 101
  I have really bad audio memory and writing so I won't dare to do an official review
tongue_smile.gif

But in terms of SQ wise:
Does it make a different -Yes but only for some of my tracks.
Is it day and night - Nope.

Do I hear any noise in my tracks - A big nope.

Now this is one to-the-point review out there 
wink_face.gif

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Dec 29, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #21 of 101
:D

Will probably get the iPurifier2 later on today to use with iSilencer for my iDac 2 

Edit: Sold out at both Stereo shops :frowning2:

You can call them up next time for reservation:grimacing:I got the spdif ipurifier from them yesterday and was told it was the last piece in vivo.

Dec 29, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #22 of 101
Ifi audio, have you tested putting the idefender 3 and isilencer in series, is it workable?

Jan 2, 2017 at 7:30 AM Post #25 of 101
Hi,
I did the entire iSilencer3.0 loom and I got an improvement from first just starting with an putting first an iDefender3.0 with iPower 5V @PC, then inserting iSilencer3.0 after the iDefender3.0.

Complete chain looks like this:

PC -> iDefender3.0 with 5V/2.5A iPower -> iSilencer3.0 -> Supra USB 2.0 cable -> Micro iDSD -> Heimdall 2 -> Hifiman Edition X V2

I also put iSilencer3.0 in empty USB slots around my system. 

I can tell that the perceived noise floor drops so that you question if it has distorsion sometimes in the treble, then you analyze more and you realize that it really is the recording, every time, otherwise just SILENCE! :wink:

Jan 2, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #26 of 101
Hi,
I did the entire iSilencer3.0 loom and I got an improvement from first just starting with an putting first an iDefender3.0 with iPower 5V @PC, then inserting iSilencer3.0 after the iDefender3.0.

Complete chain looks like this:

PC -> iDefender3.0 with 5V/2.5A iPower -> iSilencer3.0 -> Supra USB 2.0 cable -> Micro iDSD -> Heimdall 2 -> Hifiman Edition X V2

I also put iSilencer3.0 in empty USB slots around my system. 

I can tell that the perceived noise floor drops so that you question if it has distorsion sometimes in the treble, then you analyze more and you realize that it really is the recording, every time, otherwise just SILENCE! :wink:

Did you got something to support both idefender and isilencer in chain? Will it slant after inserting your USB cable?

Jan 2, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #27 of 101
The iDSD micro is on the desk and the computer is on the floor with just 1m USB cable so there is no stress. But if it would be the other way around yes, then you might need something to support below a longer connection of USB gear.

Jan 5, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #28 of 101
The iDSD micro is on the desk and the computer is on the floor with just 1m USB cable so there is no stress. But if it would be the other way around yes, then you might need something to support below a longer connection of USB gear.

Ok. Theres no stress but i think i will cover up the expose connection with copper tape.

Jan 5, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #29 of 101
Looking good! :)

Jan 5, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #30 of 101
Looking good! :)

Come to think of it. These 2 combine is actually like the biggest brother iUSB Micro with isoearth.:grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back