NEW information on JH-3a
Oct 2, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #1,996 of 2,176
The battery life is what it is. I'm not talking about the need to extend battery life, just to provide an alternative AC power option, bypassing battery power. CLAS has it, wasn't the jh3a board design somewhat based on that?

Oct 2, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #1,997 of 2,176

Geez. Nice first post man. 
confused.gif
 Have you not seen how JP and Warp have incessantly reviewed and shared about other products -- giving some
of them glowing reviews -- and are constantly providing impressions, reviews and pictures as a service to the community? 

Both have repeatedly acknowledged where JH has gone wrong, just because they like JH or post favorable impressions -- doesn't discredit anything
they have said about the device. 

You act as if they are on payroll or something -- both guys PAID for the device, don't forget that. And both received theirs based on timing of orders. 

It really sucks when people take their own frustrations with JH Audio and then turn them on individuals who don't deserved to be attacked. 

Quote:
I placed my order in january and will be phoning in to cancel my order for a refund this week.
I have send them several email with no reply and seriously doubt this combo will be shipping anytime before 2012.
For those sticking it out just on the comments from Warp & JP. These two guys are hardcore JH Audio fan boys and will say anything to defend them just like how they start commenting out of the blue when people start talking about refunds.
Think to yourself and see if you should be listening to such people. These guys received the units before anyone else but neither of them ever reported anything about the noise floor or the faults with the amp even though they knew about it and only mentioned it after others brought it up otherwise you can bet that they would have said nothing to protect JH Audio.
So if you are sticking it out on just the comments of these two then dont and make up your own minds and not be sheep  following others.
I think most of you are in for a huge disapointment once you do finally get these amps. It is better to get out now and buy the units again once some professional reviews come out from those who do not worship JH Audio.

Oct 2, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #1,998 of 2,176
Geez. Nice first post man. 
confused.gif
 Have you not seen how JP and Warp have incessantly reviewed and shared about other products -- giving some
of them glowing reviews -- and are constantly providing impressions, reviews and pictures as a service to the community? 

Both have repeatedly acknowledged where JH has gone wrong, just because they like JH or post favorable impressions -- doesn't discredit anything
they have said about the device. 

You act as if they are on payroll or something -- both guys PAID for the device, don't forget that. And both received theirs based on timing of orders. 

It really sucks when people take their own frustrations with JH Audio and then turn them on individuals who don't deserved to be attacked. 

Don't mind him. He can't see through the immediate problems he's facing, ergo he's still not of mature mental age, which means it's better to just ignore and pretend he doesn't exist.

Oct 2, 2011 at 7:32 PM Post #1,999 of 2,176
I would assume those who attend RMAF/Can Jam will have the opportunity to listen to the finalized version of the JH-3A demo, so hopefully more impressions will float in by those who attend the show. I'm looking forward to it.

I also realize it is difficult to limit frustration associated with any product that is still not shipping as of today, after a 137 pages of discussion (not counting the previous thread).  Consequently, few people will ever bother to read what's been posted and by whom before forming their opinions.

Oct 3, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #2,000 of 2,176
Slightly off topic, but just got my IEM OCC nucleotide black cables from Peter/DHC - wow! Very impressed. I haven't heard any of the Twag versions, or ALO's cables -- but there is noticeably more clarity over stock and improvement in almost every area, without it sounding colored at all. This iDevice -> CLAS -> Rx/Mk2 -> OCC/DHC Cable -> JH16 portable rig will definitely keep me happy until the 3A is released. Probably will post more detailed impressions on Peter's main DHC thread once I have a bit more burn in ...

... And what I will say that is relevant to this discussion, is that -- without taking too much of a shot at JH's customer service -- they should seriously consider hiring Peter as a consultant to help improve communication and overall CS experience. I'm just blown away by how responsive, how helpful, how generous, how friendly, and how prompt he was from beginning to end. Consistently exceeded all expectations, and trust me, I have nothing to gain from posting this. I didn't even know the guy existed until 2 weeks ago. 

Obviously, JH is a bigger operation -- they can't answer every email almost immediately via their iPhone like he does. But still, just the general communication practices and overall attitude he has across the board - if adopted - would have saved JH a lot of heartache over the last year.

And I say this as a very BIG fan of theirs, who loves my JH16's, and as someone who desperately wants them to release a quality product with the 3A and succeed in the coming years. 

Oct 3, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #2,001 of 2,176

Quote:
There are also incredible amounts of imaging, details, and clarity.  But having said that, I think though, it is less likely to be appreciated or more easily overlooked (less obvious, more subtle) because the soundstage that JH16/JH-3A projects is not as wide as what other hi end full sized headphones provide.   

Like I said before, this is the perfect opportunity for two forces to join as one: JH-Audio and Smyth Research. We need the JH-3A and the Smyth Realiser to become one. 

Oct 4, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #2,002 of 2,176
Hah! Um, baby steps! While the merging of the two would be great, additional complexity would only push out an uncertain delivery date even further...

Quote:
Like I said before, this is the perfect opportunity for two forces to join as one: JH-Audio and Smyth Research. We need the JH-3A and the Smyth Realiser to become one. 

Oct 4, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #2,003 of 2,176
Did we hear anything about whether work was going to continue through the Chinese holiday (10/1 - 10/7)? Has JHA confirmed the commitment to meet all pre-orders by the 14th, or is that date now in jeopardy?

Oct 4, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #2,005 of 2,176
Ah, thanks... You have to wonder how they are going to pull that off in 7 days... Doesn't RMAF start on the 14th? That leaves only 5 business days for them to keep to their deadline.

Oct 4, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #2,006 of 2,176

Quote:
Jerry says the factory is taking the week off but still expects the amps within deadline.

I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt to Jerry and his statement. If the production is delayed b/c of the factory closing, it's out of his hands.

What is directly in his hands is his setting expectations, and he just set them... Surely by now he has taken off his rose-tinted glasses,,,and if he hasn't, then someone needs to buy him reading glasses to read this thread.  Ahem.

Oct 5, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #2,007 of 2,176
I still don't fully understand what the implications are with Jerry's reported statement or deadline ... does that mean that amps are going to be shipping again next week? Or that ALL pre-order amps will be shipping to customers at some point next week?

If RMAF starts a week from Friday, that would seem to be the case -- but if so, shouldn't the amps be leaving (or have left) the factory in China very soon ....? 

The fact that no one -- neither JH or customers -- has even mentioned that amps are on the way to the US is leaving me a tad bit skeptical of this. 

Yes, tuning could be fast and I trust the other issues have been worked out. But still, I would assume they need to arrive at JH pretty darn soon for this timeline to be even remotely realistic, right? 

Oct 6, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #2,008 of 2,176
Strange - I posted on JH's Facebook page about whether the amps had been shipped, or about to be shipped -- since tomorrow was supposed the deadline the factory ... and now it seems like the post was deleted. 

Anybody get a direct message update from them? 

Oct 7, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #2,009 of 2,176

Quote:
Strange - I posted on JH's Facebook page about whether the amps had been shipped, or about to be shipped -- since tomorrow was supposed the deadline the factory ... and now it seems like the post was deleted. 

Anybody get a direct message update from them? 

Just too painful to keep watching still.  Sometimes you wish your predictions don't come true.

Unsubscribed.

Oct 7, 2011 at 2:47 AM Post #2,010 of 2,176
Well at least now you can customize the look of your JH16s online to go with your JH3A that seems doomed to never arrive..

http://www.head-fi.org/t/574871/jhaudio-iem-designer-customize-your-iem-in-real-time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back