New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #736 of 1,792
Well, my first classified since the surprise update went well. Set up a sale within four hours! (And, despite making a "sale pending" post, had to tell someone else that it is no longer available, since we can't close the threads at the moment.)

I quoted you before and asked you to be more specific as to what you want to do.

That's excellent! And my show case has 1 item listed, how to I add more items to the showcase? Some people have like 20 or more... I had around 27 reviews but only 1 of those reviews was turned into a show case item,

so how do I add content to my list of "show case" items?

Apr 29, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #737 of 1,792
Right now, it's showing items you've added, but we're working on changing that to reviews.

That's good to hear! I noticed you guys already have the icon on the Tabs updated, that's excellent. The changes are starting to really stabilize things

So I'm looking forward to seeing how you guys will continue to refine the website

Apr 29, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #738 of 1,792
@AxelCloris this may have been brought up before. I haven't read through this thread TBH. But the for sale forum...ugh. MANY of my old listings which have been closed are re-opened. People are PMing me to buy things I've long since sold.

ALL of my saved PM's are now in one massive inbox. I had saved everything into custom folders (ie SOLD items, PURCHASED items, beta testing, review questions, and on and on). Are the custom folders coming back or are they gone forever?

The classified forums need work, and they're on our list, but to get them to where we want them to be will take some time. I know it's going to be a pain, but you can flag the listings you want closed and I'll take care of closing them manually.

The PM folders are something I want back as well. I too had messages sorted by category. That's another feature that we'd like to add, but could take time to get up and running.

Apr 29, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #739 of 1,792
My suggestions for enhancements of the site (apologies if these have been listed already - I didn't go through all 49 pages before posting this). These suggestions are all for the Unread Subscribed Threads page:
  • Add a button to mark all subscribed threads as read.
  • For each thread with unread messages add an indicator saying how many posts are unread.
  • For each thread with unread messages add a preview of the first unread post. (Or maybe the last post? Unsure which would be more useful.).
Major change is always bumpy, but we'll get through it and (hopefully) end up at a better place. Keep up the good work!

Apr 29, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #740 of 1,792
That's excellent! And my show case has 1 item listed, how to I add more items to the showcase? Some people have like 20 or more... I had around 27 reviews but only 1 of those reviews was turned into a show case item,

so how do I add content to my list of "show case" items?
That's good to hear! I noticed you guys already have the icon on the Tabs updated, that's excellent. The changes are starting to really stabilize things

So I'm looking forward to seeing how you guys will continue to refine the website

Yep, as you discovered, that issue was mentioned earlier and will be sorted out. I have 22 showcase items, only because I added that many products to the Head Gear section.

Apr 29, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #741 of 1,792
Yep, as you discovered, that issue was mentioned earlier and will be sorted out. I have 22 showcase items, only because I added that many products to the Head Gear section.
Yea I saw that, it was generated from what you added to the Head Gear Section,

I'd imagine things will be added as time moves on. A real shame I didn't add more, all those heavily modded headphones I've owned... what a shame I didn't add them each as something different from stock lol

It sounds silly, but honestly the T50RP drivers have been modded so far beyond what they were that they are... very much something new and entirely different from stock. I guess the difference is those modded headphones were developed and replicated, vs my individually modded and "unique" headphones

either way, looking forward to seeing how the re-implement reviews back into the mix

Apr 30, 2017 at 1:15 AM Post #742 of 1,792
When this update happened, auto login stopped working and I lost my main account. I can't reset the password because the email address I used for it doesn't exist because Verizon shut down their mail servers and switched to aol. Is it possible for me to get my original account back without access to that email address?

Apr 30, 2017 at 4:52 AM Post #745 of 1,792
Apr 30, 2017 at 4:58 AM Post #746 of 1,792
Thanks... That was *NOT* at all obvious!
Why have a link on the bottom of the page that's "my profile" but when you're there, you can't edit your profile?

Yeah, I was also surprised when I clicked on it :smile:

Anyway, even when I get to my profile settings, I still can't change (not even 1 character of) my 'Personal Details'

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #747 of 1,792
You mean to tell us that Huddler will no longer be available to any Forums out there, or is it just us? And if it's just us, then why? Because if it isn't just us, and ALL the Forums had to migrate elsewhere (with similar issues as Head-fi, I assume) these folks at Huddler should be slapped with a Class Action suit! And if it's just us, then what's the real reason behind this? Please enlighten us

Apr 30, 2017 at 5:16 AM Post #748 of 1,792
To search the site, you can use Google for now. Here's an example using this thread:

https://www.google.com/#safe=off&q=site:head-fi.org/f/threads/new-head-fi-update.845500+"keyword"

I put "keyword" in quotes, but you would put whichever keywords you're looking for. Of course, you're limited to what Google picks up, but it's better than nothing. I always used this method anyway in the past.
You got to be kidding! How cumbersome is that, especially if you are on mobile? Didn't anyone realise that the "search within thread" feature was probably the most used feature in the whole site?

Apr 30, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #750 of 1,792
The light gray font is very hard to read on a white background. How about going with black? Also, I don't want to have to scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "My Profile" to see the list of my subscribed threads. How about putting that right on top?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back