New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 2, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #1,531 of 1,792
Hi there

Is there a way to change this light forum theme please. I cannot see white text with a light grey background :frowning2:

Haven't figured out search as I cannot see it.

Many thanks in advance.

Jul 3, 2017 at 4:48 AM Post #1,533 of 1,792
A dark theme is planned, but it's not currently ready.

Ok thanks.

I did look for an announcement like the one in your sig but couldn't find one; at least not an obvious one.

Thanks for the work in the background to make it happen, just hoping for a darker theme :)

Jul 3, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #1,535 of 1,792
is anyone getting audio ads that appear out of no where and cant be muted without leaving the current page you are viewing? this just started happening and it is a huge annoyance while trying to listen to music when browsing
We started getting them too, and trust me we're working hard to locate and remove them. I've been actively hunting for them recently so we can prevent them from showing again.

Jul 6, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #1,538 of 1,792
Alright, I figured it out. To change the default options of whether you subscribe to and receive email notifications for threads you create or post in, just go to preferences and check/uncheck the boxes.

subscribe.png

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #1,539 of 1,792
How do I change my avatar? Every time I try to upload a picture, it says it uploaded successfully, but then the new avatar is not uploaded and it goes back to my old avatar--even when I select the checkbox to delete old avatar. I have tried resizing the file to no avail.

For that matter, I also cannot edit any the information in my profile to update the gear I have.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #1,540 of 1,792
How do I change my avatar? Every time I try to upload a picture, it says it worked, but then it goes back to my old picture--even when I select the checkbox to delete old avatar. I have tried resizing the file to no avail. Thanks.

I have found that it takes a short while to update sometimes. Try reloading pages and loading them in other browsers as well.

Jul 12, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #1,541 of 1,792
I have found that it takes a short while to update sometimes. Try reloading pages and loading them in other browsers as well.

Thanks for the reply.

I got the profile information to update properly, but still the avatar is the same. I downloaded a new browser and am having the same issue where it returns to my old one. Hopefully it either changes over time or there is a possible fix.

Jul 13, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #1,542 of 1,792
Thanks for the reply.

I got the profile information to update properly, but still the avatar is the same. I downloaded a new browser and am having the same issue where it returns to my old one. Hopefully it either changes over time or there is a possible fix.

Looks like it worked now. I guess all ya had to do was wait. :)

Jul 13, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #1,543 of 1,792
How do you subscribe to a thread you haven't posted anything on but want to watch + receive notifications for? I could've sworn there used to be a Subscribe button at the top of each thread, but that doesn't seem to be there. Do you have to change some setting in your preferences for it to appear, or can you only subscribe to threads you've contributed to now?

Jul 13, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #1,544 of 1,792
How do you subscribe to a thread you haven't posted anything on but want to watch + receive notifications for? I could've sworn there used to be a Subscribe button at the top of each thread, but that doesn't seem to be there. Do you have to change some setting in your preferences for it to appear, or can you only subscribe to threads you've contributed to now?

"Subscribe to Thread" is still at the top, right above the first post on each page.

To manually change your subscription options for a thread, just put "watch-confirm" at the end. Example using this thread:

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/new-head-fi-update.845500/watch-confirm

Jul 13, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #1,545 of 1,792
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back