NEW! Fostex TH610 Premium Reference Closed-Back Headphones
Jul 31, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #197 of 974
Go and get the TH610s, they're incredibly good cans for that price. If you want to use them as well "on the move" at home, grab yourself a shorter Senn hd6xx cable with a dap and you'll have an incredible combo at a very reasonable investment. :wink:

I have these cans at home and while waiting for a custom shorter cable, they sound pretty damm good out of my DX90. :)

Jul 31, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #198 of 974
  Basically the money you save by getting the T1g2 will be spent on the amp you will need to drive them properly over the cost of the TH-900.  Instead of the TH-900 what about the TH-X00 from massdrop, fairly close in sound to the TH-900 at a far lower cost since you seem to be concerned with cost. 

While I don't have any experience with the HA-200 most of the amps that the T1 sound good with are OTL or tube amps like a BH Crack or WA3.  I've tried my T1 with my original Essence STX sound card and its not a good pairing compared to the BH Crack so I would think that most sound cards are not able to properly drive the T1, first or second generation, I think the output impedance of most sound cards are too low and don't have a high enough voltage swing to properly drive a T1.  The Fostex TH-600/900/X00 are much easier to driver properly and I think your Essence STX muses edition will do quite well.  FWIW, when I compared the TH-600 to the TH-900 the only time the TH-900 sounded better was with gear in the mid-fi or higher level.

Sorry I can't remember the genre of music that you like so I will say this, if you like classical, blues, and jazz then get the T1 and a OTL amp, if you want a fun sound for rock, EDM, R&B and pop then the TH-900 would be my recommendation.

Hi, I have the Asus Xonar Essence one Muses Edition DAC\Amp and it's able to drive 600Ohm headphones.. 

I  am also interested in buying a DAP. I listen mostly to Rock , Pop and Dance.. I heard the Acoustic Research AR-M2 can drive the T1 gen2s very well..

Should I get the the TH-610? 

Regards
Roi

Jul 31, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #199 of 974

Hi, I have the Asus Xonar Essence one Muses Edition DAC\Amp and it's able to drive 600Ohm headphones.. 

I  am also interested in buying a DAP. I listen mostly to Rock , Pop and Dance.. I heard the Acoustic Research AR-M2 can drive the T1 gen2s very well..

Should I get the the TH-610? 

Regards
Roi

Never heard the AR-M2 so can't comment on it.

If you feel that the Asus Essence can properly drive a 600ohm headphone then it will work with the T1 but from my experiences so far I've yet to find a sound card that will drive the T1 or HD-800 properly.

Since you like rock, pop and dance I would get the TH-610 over the T1

Jul 31, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #200 of 974
Very tempted to actually jump on these and sell off my D5000s.. are there actually any reviews or impressions on them yet?

I'm curious what changed since the 600s - maybe some slight driver tweaks, cup stuffing, and obviously the fact that they're walnut now.
Curious about comparative frequency response to the 600s and E-MUs, mostly.

Jul 31, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #201 of 974
Demo'ed the TH610 today out of an AK70 + Chord Mojo stack and it is a fantastic headphone for the price. It's fun, crystal clear, mildly V-shaped, dynamic, and quite forward sounding. The treble is crisp but not harsh, the mids are equally transparent, and the bass is punchy, textured, and controlled. Slightly Beyer-esque in sound. Comfort is fine, and the soundstage is decent, but the fun tonality is addictive enough to overlook those shortcomings. Highly recommended!

Jul 31, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #202 of 974
  Demo'ed the TH610 today out of an AK70 + Chord Mojo stack and it is a fantastic headphone for the price. It's fun, crystal clear, mildly V-shaped, dynamic, and quite forward sounding. The treble is crisp but not harsh, the mids are equally transparent, and the bass is punchy, textured, and controlled. Slightly Beyer-esque in sound. Comfort is fine, and the soundstage is decent, but the fun tonality is addictive enough to overlook those shortcomings. Highly recommended!

Have you gotten to try the TH-600s, AH-D5000s or E-MU Teaks before? Curious about how they compare.

Aug 1, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #204 of 974
Having done a quick A/B test between the TH610s and my D7000s wth an Audio-gd NFB29 equipped with two SE headphone outputs this Sunday afternoon, I must say that I agree basically with the sound signature of the Fostexs given by Deezel.

The D7000s have noticeably more soundstage and perhaps a more refined sound compared to the TH610s. Both sound awesome, that's true, but the Denons are, from my point of view, above these new cans. But at the actual price they can be purchased at, it's a real bang-for-the-buck can. No doubt with it.

Cheers.

Aug 2, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #205 of 974
Is the HD650 cable compatible with the TH-610. 
confused_face(1).gif

Thanks!

Aug 2, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #206 of 974
  Is the HD650 cable compatible with the TH-610. 
confused_face(1).gif

Yes. This was already confirmed for the TH900 MK2, which uses the same cable and connectors as the TH610.

Aug 4, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #207 of 974
Looks like these should start becoming available in the US sometime this month!
L3000.gif

https://www.headphone.com/products/fostex-th-610-premium-closed-back-headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back