MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
May 24, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #4,366 of 5,796
i'm still blown away wowed and in love with how wonderful my Ether Flows sound. They are a pair that was converted by MrSpeakers from an Ether a few months back. I bought them used here for the smartest $1325 I've spent in audio in many decades. I also have LCD-3F 2016 version which I love and thought were my end game until hearing the Ether Flows. The Audeze's are not getting any ear time now. My other cans are IEMs - Senn IE800s which I do love and still use. Just bought my daughter a pair. she's 30 and has been happily using a senn hd25-1 ii for years. SHe tried a Sine and was not impressed, but loved the sound of the IE800. so i just gave em to her on monday, when i had an intensive day of IE800 listening with her. Then yesterday I was able to work for the first time in 5 months (i'm retired and normally work part time driving disabled folks in a huge "van"). i had surgery and couldn't work all that time which is when i auditioned a LOT of headphones at home in my rig. so last night i was simply exhausted and wasn't under any headphones. but right before i called it a night i thought, aw, hell, they're sittin' there - may as well slap em on. All I can say is the Ether Flows just had me melting in my chair. I listened for a half an hour or so and then went to read some and go to sleep, but it was very hard taking them off. also, as wiped out as i was they were incredibly comfortable. Any way, they just blow me away with every type of music. Yippee!!!

Last edited:
May 25, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #4,367 of 5,796
Are there any Android DAPs that can power this well?

May 25, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #4,372 of 5,796
Anyone use the Acoustic Research M2 or the iBasso DX200?

Last edited:
May 26, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #4,374 of 5,796
Enjoy the long weekend folks....

bnkXP9F.jpg

Last edited:
May 29, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #4,375 of 5,796
Any one compared the Nordost Heimdall headphone vs Wywire platinum on Ether Flows? I can't buy buy both for comparison so I'm looking for feed back on both.

May 29, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #4,377 of 5,796
I want to buy the HD800S or Ether Flow to pair with my Master 11 and was fishing for some knowledgeable- or just any opinions, sorry I wasn't more clear

The HD800 will be the complete opposite to the Z1R. One is bright and controll and the other is dark.
its pretty simple.

Last edited:
May 29, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #4,378 of 5,796
Can anyone recommend desktop dac/amp with balance output for Ether Flows Closed, I am currently using Mojo and wondering I can scale these up with balanced dac/amp. Preferenece is smooth and punchy sound. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back