MIYO Portable DAC
Feb 9, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #33 of 35
I really don't know how many years it was released. But it is still TOTL that you can find it in Cowon Plenue P1 and S. If you want DAP having almost newest DAC, I reccommend iBasso DX200 (ES9028pro).

Aug 15, 2017 at 11:58 PM Post #35 of 35
IMG_20170815_214955217.jpg
Just got this in from the latest Massdrop batch, and it's by far the most elegant looking thing on my crowded desk.

First impressions are very good. It drives my HD 600s to comfortable listening levels in the 30-70% range, depending on the track. With my Sennheiser HD 569s, the bass tightens up quite nicely compared to the Fiio X3ii. Dynamic contrast between loud and quiet passages is particularly good, with airiness, soundstage, and separation also excellent. Listening to the London Symphony Orchestra play Beethoven's 7th under the baton of Bernard Haitink is simply delightful.

I've been getting by with just my Fiio X3ii for a while, so that's probably partially responsible for my enthusiastic response, but I've owned/listened to the Geek Out 2A, the Jotunheim/Mimby combo, and the Emotiva DC-1 most recently, and I can't say that I'm missing much, if anything, with this setup.

That said, this does seem to have a pretty typical solid state sound, so it's probably ideal with slightly smooth/laid back headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back