"Millett Hybrid" redux: NuHybrid headphone amp, using the Korg Nutube

1. HiGHFLYiN9
    Keep us updated :)

2. trevmex
    unnamed (1).jpg
    Got the upgraded pot and the EARs. Now I'm ready to go!

3. hav2uo4
    Awesome! When you're slinging it together I'd recommend soldering a wire into one of your ground connections you can use to ground the body of your pot.

trevmex likes this.
  4. trevmex
    Can you share a picture of how you did this? I read your description, but can't quite picture it in my head.

5. hav2uo4
    [​IMG]
    Hope this works...Pete's multi-pot footprint is excellent for hacking a ground connection. I had to file a small notch into the inside of the case to clear the wire.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    HiGHFLYiN9 and trevmex like this.
  6. HiGHFLYiN9
    Millett NuHybrid hybrid tube headphone amp complete.jpg

I added a cool little engraved plate to mine, feels complete now. I also built AMB's o11 power supply for it as a nice little improvement over the wall wart.

AMB o11 Power Supply.jpg

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    silverfishla, gr8soundz and hav2uo4 like this.
  7. SlingBlade
    I'm about to order the Buffer. Have any of you have played with bias of the NuTube to get more even order distortion, and if so, what are your impressions?

8. HiGHFLYiN9
    I haven't myself. It's a little tricky to get access to the bias in my setup.

9. trevmex
    Can someone recommend a knob for the TKD 2CP601-10K?

10. trevmex
    As promised, here are the progress pics!
    Photo Jul 20, 11 54 55 PM.jpg Photo Jul 21, 12 20 36 AM.jpg Photo Jul 21, 12 41 19 AM.jpg Photo Jul 21, 1 13 34 AM.jpg Photo Jul 21, 1 42 13 AM.jpg Photo Jul 21, 1 42 28 AM.jpg Photo Jul 21, 1 55 22 AM.jpg Photo Jul 21, 2 43 44 AM.jpg Photo Jul 21, 2 43 34 AM.jpg
    And there you go. I don't have the right headphone connector to test it at home, so I'll let everyone know how it sounds tomorrow.

I highlighted hav2uo4's pot ground wire and the EARs. Hope they make it sing!

Mshenay and silverfishla like this.
  11. trevmex
    silverfishla likes this.
  12. trevmex
    I just tried the NuHybrid out with my Grado SR60i phones. Sounds great!!!

Now, I want to put a clear plastic lid on the setup with some slits for air to get in. Can anyone recommend a place to get a plastic lid for the box Pete suggested?