Magni 2 Broken Gain Selector
Jun 27, 2017 at 7:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

cossix

Headphoneus Supremus
I have a used Magni 2 that I got from eBay. The thing performs wonderfully but the gain selector switch feels soft and i hear no change in volume when i switch it to each position. It drives my HD650 to an average listening volume at 12 o'clock through WASAPI with Foobar2000 volume at max with FLAC and DSD.

1) I'm sure the gain is broken, but which do you think it's stuck on, low or hi?
2) Is there any way to fix it? It feels like something is loose inside the switch assembly. Taking off the Magni 2 cover just shows a solid metal gain switch housing and some beefy soldered pins.

Jun 27, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #2 of 4
Definitely sounds like it is broken to me. As for fixing it that would probably have to go to Schiit unless you can find the switch they used and then you still have a pretty big task as a regular solder iron would not do the task needed. I have no idea how much they would charge to fix it as you are not the original owner. Did it come to you broken from eBay?

Jun 27, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #3 of 4
Definitely sounds like it is broken to me. As for fixing it that would probably have to go to Schiit unless you can find the switch they used and then you still have a pretty big task as a regular solder iron would not do the task needed. I have no idea how much they would charge to fix it as you are not the original owner. Did it come to you broken from eBay?

Yea it came broken but I got the stack for such a good price, it honestly wasn't worth the energy to return it. I'm just trying to figure out if it's stuck in low or hi gain. I've heard the Magni 2 has quite a bit of power so I really don't know which it could be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back