Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread.
Apr 24, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #586 of 948
If Magaosi does not care abt this situation, the best is to send back all upcoming units. When it comes, I want to send back and ask full refund.

I think the best way to go about this might be to force their hand to respond.  If enough of us write to them asking about the issue, at some point they will have to respond.

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #588 of 948
Yes I also reached them through Facebook, they responded but until I asked how I can distinguish legitimacy of units :) They suggest to reach and solve problem with seller. Also they did not answered if my seller is an official distribution channel or not. Putting an id card for all headphones could solve all these problems but I don't know why they do not go this way.

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #589 of 948
  @SpiderNhan Ah, my mic-TRRS is straight, and the "faultier"/looser standard silvery cable with an L plug.
Also, 2 silicon/3 foam tips.

D'oh! My mic cable is STRAIGHT too. Everything else is accurate though. I'll update my post to reflect the change.

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #590 of 948
Yes I also reached them through Facebook, they responded but until I asked how I can distinguish legitimacy of units
smily_headphones1.gif
They suggest to reach and solve problem with seller. Also they did not answered if my seller is an official distribution channel or not. Putting an id card for all headphones could solve all these problems but I don't know why they do not go this way.

Well I suppose I can try contacting the seller in the nicest way possible to see if I can get any assurances from them.

Apr 24, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #591 of 948
But my seller is different then most of you, it is not the banned seller rhyme with easy :) I don't know my seller is banned also but he or she is writing "uh oh" before every response, and shop is relatively new one. They accepted changing unit but returning cost is too much from my country, and they don't want to pay shipping fee.

Apr 24, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #592 of 948
But my seller is different then most of you, it is not the banned seller rhyme with easy
smily_headphones1.gif
I don't know my seller is banned also but he or she is writing "uh oh" before every response, and shop is relatively new one. They accepted changing unit but returning cost is too much from my country, and they don't want to pay shipping fee.

Of course they don't, none of the sellers on Ali will pay shipping.  If you feel you received fakes contact your CC company and file a dispute.

Apr 24, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #593 of 948
Actually problem is that I can not be sure if they are legitimate or not because I don't have another original pair to compare. On left unit I sometimes feel disconnection. No imbalance but it plays very harsh on highs in my opinion and a bit bassy. Most of reviewers said that it is perfectly balanced but I can't feel it yet, very bright character. Box is same with the guys who get mic version. Only visible problem is that left unit has worn Magaosi mark on it. So do you suggest to open a dispute? I don't want to be cruel on seller but nobody try to convince me that unit is legitimate who are responsible to do that (seller and Magaosi).

"Waiting for pick up"/label created? on the 30th, next tracking event on the 8th, received on the 20th.
Left connector issues (sound cutting off) most evident with the silvery non-mic cable, it's just way too loose? Happens on the stock mic cable, and a different third one as well, but not as often, as the connections' more tighter. @SpiderNhan solved the same issue with a different cable though. Wondering on what I should do.

Nearly same trackmovement with above. Seller inserted a tracking no and actual pick up happened after 9 days. May be this supply batch have all problems.

Apr 24, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #594 of 948
Well I suppose I can try contacting the seller in the nicest way possible to see if I can get any assurances from them.

So I'm again going to be a hypothetical evil seller dealing in fake wares. No one in particular; just generic hypothetical example.

You ask me "Hi Mr Seller, I want to be sure the product you sold me is genuine and not fake".

What do you think my response will be?

LOL

Apr 24, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #595 of 948
Hahaha for sure, I get that.  I'm just hoping that in some way that they might provide something more.

Quote:
So I'm again going to be a hypothetical evil seller dealing in fake wares. No one in particular; just generic hypothetical example.

You ask me "Hi Mr Seller, I want to be sure the product you sold me is genuine and not fake".

What do you think my response will be?

LOL

Apr 24, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #597 of 948
  just found this thread, will do some reading tonight. just a quickie: do any of you guys ordered k3 pros from the ali seller dd-audio? are they genuine?

I have ordered, but yet to receive them. All I can say, is that I got a pretty good deal, but hearing all the scary stories, i really really hope what I receive will not have the same problems.

Anyone else, ordered from dd-audio, and have received the order?

Apr 24, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #598 of 948
For anyone else who ordered the "brown" K3 Pro from the the Aliexpress seller that rhymes with breezy, I've had mine for nearly 2 weeks and they are almost certainly the real deal. The packaging contains the (R) in the brand name, they are the proper gunmetal colour and the sound matches up with the various impressions here. 
They are way better than my other IEM's and I prefer them to most of my headphones at the moment.

Apr 24, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #599 of 948
  @SpiderNhan Ah, my mic-TRRS is straight, and the "faultier"/looser standard silvery cable with an L plug.
Also, 2 silicon/3 foam tips.

Definitely a bronze hue in direct sunlight.

Yeah, a great example. The gunmetal grey color indoors with the bronze color in sunlight (and in some photos).

Now compare the above photo with this one: 

Apr 24, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #600 of 948
I ordered mine from HotFi store on Alie, and mine is gunmetal grey but does have a very slight bronze tinge to it. It sounds great and I don't have any problems/issues with the mmcx cables/connectors. I did purchase mine about 2 weeks before the anniversary sale. I don't know if this is the authentic or not, but when I asked regarding the 'mic' version the HotFi store responded that what I received was from MaGaosi with it's original packaging and accessories and they did not open it up to change cables. Mine came with the included accessories: 1 carrying case, 2 sets of silver-plated mmcx cables 'without' mic(straight-plug & L-plug), 2 pairs of memory foam tips, 2 pairs of wide bore silicone tips (clear with black stems), and 2 sets of interchangeable filters (dark grey & silver)

Anyways, I was made aware that some may have the same problems as nealh and I in regards to the amount of insertion needed to have a good seal and finding good a tip that can give a deeper insertion without added discomfort. I am using JVC Spiral Dots and I'm sure all of you are aware that they're pretty short and thus it's hard to get a great fit with the K3 Pro, but by adding a cheap rubber o-ring that is used for mechanical keyboard key caps, you can push the tip forward more and a slight added benefit of giving a better seal all around.

Here are pictures to show what I did and used, you can also see a comparison on the right photo where one is with the o-ring and one is without. Hope this alleviates some of the ear tips problems and comfort issues some of you may be having. Cheers and happy listening!
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back