LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 19, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #4,321 of 5,225
Hey congratulations and you are so lucky dude, i think we all had received only one cable ,

Not a dude, but thanks anyway mate. :dt880smile: It looks somewhat like Penon's 4 core silver plated cable. Looks good but can't really tell a difference in sound quality. Plus it's a pain detaching it from the iems. I'm super grateful though!

Jun 19, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #4,323 of 5,225
Hey guys. I just received my LZ A4s from Penon Audio, and in addition to the stock cable I also received what looks like some sort of silver cable, which seems to be of better quality. It was stored inside of the carrying case. I was not under the impression that there would be two cables included? Not complaining, of course.

I wish I had ordered my set from there as they offer deals on decent cables and extras.

Jun 19, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #4,324 of 5,225
I really like my VE 2.5mm TRRS to MMCX Espresso Cable ($15 + $2.50 Shipping) with the LZ A4 - using it with my Onkyo DP-X1.

Originally, the VE cable had a loose left MMCX connector, so I replaced both connectors with higher quality parts (that fit more snugly). Total cost of the cable & upgraded connectors was still less than $26.

Jun 20, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #4,325 of 5,225
DSCF3586.JPG

This is the silver plated cable I got as an extra.

Btw, Tusk with Fleetwood Mac sounds sooo good with black/black.:L3000:

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2017 at 6:23 AM Post #4,328 of 5,225
If you like a balanced response, try black pink. I posted these a while ago - they are the graphs for different combos with black rear filter:

LZA4 front filters (w-blk).png

Jun 21, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #4,331 of 5,225
Does anyone have both A4 and TFZ exclusive king? How do they compare?
For me the A4 is more pleasing but the TFZ holds up really well against it. The A4 has a more relaxed sound with thicker mids (using my preferred filters).The TFZ can get a bit bright for my tastes but if you like that kind of signature it could be good for you. It's got loads of detail and a super controlled bass and is definitely a great IEM for the price.

Jun 21, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #4,332 of 5,225
After using back/black, black/gray, red/black, red/gray and red/pink for a back/front combination which all had piercing highs for my taste except for the last one, finally settled with red/pink. Gives me the bass impact I want with mids and highs for my taste. Planning to get Spiral Dot to get a good seal.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #4,333 of 5,225
Still finding the Batman (black back/gray front) config to be the best, although I admit I haven't done much filter switching since I first got the A4s. It just sound soo good.

Jun 22, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #4,334 of 5,225
It looks like Penon's 4 core silver plated cable. Don't know if it comes as standard these days. It doesn't say so on the website, but hey, I'm not complaining. These are my first mmcx iems so I didn't have any extra cables lying around either. :beerchug:
I also received this silver cable from Penon. I haven't messed with it much because I found it too short for my uses, but still was a nice addition!

Jun 22, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #4,335 of 5,225
After using back/black, black/gray, red/black, red/gray and red/pink for a back/front combination which all had piercing highs for my taste except for the last one, finally settled with red/pink. Gives me the bass impact I want with mids and highs for my taste. Planning to get Spiral Dot to get a good seal.

I got the L spiral dot tips and the tighter seal boosted bass response as expected, but they also helped open up the mids a bit, refining the sound in a subtle but welcome way. Overall, the spiral dots improved an already great IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back