Looking for amp to replace Bottlehead Crack
May 19, 2017 at 3:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

barontan2418

100+ Head-Fier
I've got a reoccurring issue with my Bottlehead Crack which keeps loosing the right channel audio, I've already forked out close to £250 getting it repaired twice and now the same issue is back again. Having paid quite a bit for suitable tubes I was wondering if there is a tube amp ( as good as Crack ) which used same tubes and costs under £1000. I did not put this amp together myself it was a purchase through Head-Fi so I'm not up to faulting it myself, so its going out the door. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

May 19, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #2 of 4
I think the DarkVoice 336SE uses the same power tube but not the input tube. There might be others but I don't know . Strange that it keeps happening to the one side. You might go to Bottlehead.com and ask on the forum there as someone there might give you clues on fixing for good. Did you send it to Bottlehead or someone local? If you don't want to bother and can't find a suitable amp for the tubes most of them are desirable so you shouldn't have too much problem getting some of your investment back.

May 21, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #3 of 4
I think the DarkVoice 336SE uses the same power tube but not the input tube. There might be others but I don't know . Strange that it keeps happening to the one side. You might go to Bottlehead.com and ask on the forum there as someone there might give you clues on fixing for good. Did you send it to Bottlehead or someone local? If you don't want to bother and can't find a suitable amp for the tubes most of them are desirable so you shouldn't have too much problem getting some of your investment back.
Thanks for your reply Buke9. Repairs were done locally. I will certainly look into Darkvoice amp. Pity because Crack was the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back