Logitech UE6000
Jan 22, 2013 at 4:07 AM Post #6 of 366
Just got mine today. And I was absolutely...underwhelmed. Could my pair be defective? I bought this so that I would have an alternative to my ATH M50. I had expected it to be an upgrade, and at the worst, a sidegrade. But the M50 wipes the floor with the UE6000 as it stands. I will give them a bit more time, and report back. Sigh.

Jan 22, 2013 at 4:35 AM Post #7 of 366
Quote:
Just got mine today. And I was absolutely...underwhelmed. Could my pair be defective? I bought this so that I would have an alternative to my ATH M50. I had expected it to be an upgrade, and at the worst, a sidegrade. But the M50 wipes the floor with the UE6000 as it stands. I will give them a bit more time, and report back. Sigh.

Well, personally the UE6000 just adds clearer sound, better bass, Active-NC, better looking of corse and better details compared to ATH-M50 but that is just in my opinion 
size]

Jan 22, 2013 at 4:40 AM Post #8 of 366
Quote:
Well, personally the UE6000 just adds clearer sound, better bass, Active-NC, better looking of corse and better details compared to ATH-M50 but that is just in my opinion 
size]

Yeah that was what I was expecting as well. I've only run both through an E17, maybe that's the issue....although I don't think so. I will try comparing them straight from an iPad to see if there's a difference, un-amped.

Your opinion is no less valid than mine of course, and to be honest, I wish I was feeling the same as you right now. I had such high hopes. Gonna really give them a fair shake tomorrow. For now, I'll be cleansing my senses with some ortho action. 
gs1000.gif

Jan 22, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #9 of 366
Quote:

Yeah that was what I was expecting as well. I've only run both through an E17, maybe that's the issue....although I don't think so. I will try comparing them straight from an iPad to see if there's a difference, un-amped.

Your opinion is no less valid than mine of course, and to be honest, I wish I was feeling the same as you right now. I had such high hopes. Gonna really give them a fair shake tomorrow. For now, I'll be cleansing my senses with some ortho action. 
gs1000.gif

Good luck! Give it some burn-in overnight and hope the sound improve over time. "Time is everything" 
size]

Jan 22, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #10 of 366
Dude ur ue 6000 is probably defective cause I read alot of them are, I bought mine and they were good. Also burning them in really makes a difference on those specifically. I burned mine for 100 hours with rap music cause it'll loosen them up a bit

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #11 of 366
Breakthrough!

Ran the headphones overnight, trying to see if they would improve. No dice, sounded muffled, lifeless compared to my M50's.  

Again tried them through the E17, and I was still nowhere near satisfied. It was like the sound was coming out of a well. I then ran the UE 6000 through the Pan Am and boom! no need for the built in amp/NC circuit! I have no explanation for this as the M50 doesn't need Pan Am level amplification to sound great. The UE 6K is 50ohms, the M50 is 38ohms - not that far apart really. The body, the impact, the overall sound just went straight through the roof!

Could it be the three-band jack impacting the sound on the E17? The HD598 - higher impedance compared to both M50 and UE6K runs better on the E17 than do the UE6K...I'll see if I can find a replacement cable or at least an adaptor. Can anyone replicate this phenomenon? Anyone else have a FiiO product?

I'll have to listed more to determine if this is a keeper. But overall, it's looking much better! Or I should say, sounding much better. Good times!

EDIT - HD598 is also 50 Ohms.

Jan 23, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #12 of 366
Breakthrough!

Ran the headphones overnight, trying to see if they would improve. No dice, sounded muffled, lifeless compared to my M50's.  

Again tried them through the E17, and I was still nowhere near satisfied. It was like the sound was coming out of a well. I then ran the UE 6000 through the Pan Am and boom! no need for the built in amp/NC circuit! I have no explanation for this as the M50 doesn't need Pan Am level amplification to sound great. The UE 6K is 50ohms, the M50 is 38ohms - not that far apart really. The body, the impact, the overall sound just went straight through the roof!

Could it be the three-band jack impacting the sound on the E17? The HD598 - higher impedance compared to both M50 and UE6K runs better on the E17 than do the UE6K...I'll see if I can find a replacement cable or at least an adaptor. Can anyone replicate this phenomenon? Anyone else have a FiiO product?

I'll have to listed more to determine if this is a keeper. But overall, it's looking much better! Or I should say, sounding much better. Good times!

EDIT - HD598 is also 50 Ohms.
THEY'RE DEFECTIVE a lot of people said they're ue 6000 wouldn't work passively and I'm almost positive that your problem isn't far off. Return them for a different pair and test them in the parking lot

Jan 23, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #13 of 366
THEY'RE DEFECTIVE a lot of people said they're ue 6000 wouldn't work passively and I'm almost positive that your problem isn't far off. Return them for a different pair and test them in the parking lot

Well, I manage to try those UE6000 in apple autorized shop & another headphone shop. They work passively without NC mode on. When it is on, the SQ does get distorted a little and soundstage narrowed. When on passive, it's good to listen to. :)

Jan 23, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #14 of 366

More and more i'm convinced it is the pairing of the e17 and the ue6k, not the ue6k itself. Everything i've plugged into the e17 (apart from lcd2) sounded better, more controlled, articulate, except the ue6k. In fact, at a listening volume that is close to unbearable with the e17+m50, the ue6k was just at what i would consider medium volume.

The ue6k sounds louder on the headphone jack of my office laptop as compared to the e17. I am still inclined to think it's the cable that could be affecting it so badly.

On the Pan am, it just shines. I will need more time comparing it to the m50 on the pan am to make it a conclusive comparison as well as comparing them unamped.

Jan 23, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #15 of 366
More and more i'm convinced it is the pairing of the e17 and the ue6k, not the ue6k itself. Everything i've plugged into the e17 (apart from lcd2) sounded better, more controlled, articulate, except the ue6k. In fact, at a listening volume that is close to unbearable with the e17+m50, the ue6k was just at what i would consider medium volume.

The ue6k sounds louder on the headphone jack of my office laptop as compared to the e17. I am still inclined to think it's the cable that could be affecting it so badly.

On the Pan am, it just shines. I will need more time comparing it to the m50 on the pan am to make it a conclusive comparison as well as comparing them unamped.
I bet ur right and the blue cable doesn't like the fiio. Prolly cause the controls on it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back