Little Dot MKIII Tube Rolling
Mar 15, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #3,256 of 3,397

Hi there Brumas7.

Here's another link for 6AK5 socket savers, now you have a choice!, if you've not heard the c3g you are in for a treat!, they really are the pinnacle of what you can get out of the MK III. Just got a NOS  pair of Valvo c3g's a couple days ago and burning them in now, this is what it will look like.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/213863594/vacuum-tube-test-socket-for-tube-rolling?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=socket saver&ref=sr_gallery_1

For the life of me I couldn't remember the name of this store on Etsy, that's where I got mine from, thanks for reminding me, and sharing with other people!!

Mar 16, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #3,257 of 3,397

For the life of me I couldn't remember the name of this store on Etsy, that's where I got mine from, thanks for reminding me, and sharing with other people!!

​No problem!, the reason it stuck in my mind was because of the name LeedsRadio, I just (wrongly!) assumed they were based somewhere near, or in, the English city of Leeds, I was a bit surprised when I found out it was NYC !.

Btw those socket savers are excellent!.

Mar 16, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #3,258 of 3,397

​No problem!, the reason it stuck in my mind was because of the name LeedsRadio, I just (wrongly!) assumed they were based somewhere near, or in, the English city of Leeds, I was a bit surprised when I found out it was NYC !.

Btw those socket savers are excellent!.

Yes they are. If I remember correctly, he had socket savers for the 9 pin sockets for the power tubes, too. No need to remove the rings.

Mar 16, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #3,260 of 3,397
If anybody is looking for  pair of 9 pin socket savers pm me i have a pair that i never used as i cut the rings off .

Mar 17, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #3,261 of 3,397
  Brumas7:

I found those 6AK5 Socket Savers (in case you don't want to remove the Brass Trim Rings)

See Link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2PC-7pin-tube-tester-saver-for-EC92-6AK5-6C4-6AU6-6X4-/201811126131?hash=item2efce16773:g:cBsAAOSw3ydVlkJd

Thanks, dobigstuff for the link. I bought those from the seller already but the diameter of the adapter is a tad too big to fit into the LDIII with the brass ring on. Appreciate your response.

Hi there Brumas7.

Here's another link for 6AK5 socket savers, now you have a choice!, if you've not heard the c3g you are in for a treat!, they really are the pinnacle of what you can get out of the MK III. Just got a NOS  pair of Valvo c3g's a couple days ago and burning them in now, this is what it will look like.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/213863594/vacuum-tube-test-socket-for-tube-rolling?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=socket saver&ref=sr_gallery_1

Thanks Scutey. From the website it is stated that the outside diameter of the adapter is 18.26mm, which will fit into the LDIII driver socket. This is what I was looking for! Appreciate your help.

Mar 24, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #3,266 of 3,397
I'm a tube amp neophyte and am planning to buy a MK III in the near future. I've noticed here (and in discussion of other amps) a lot of praise for Mullard 8100 driver tubes. Little Dot will replace the stock driver tubes with  M8100/CV4010 tubes for $45 (I'm sure they are available cheaper elsewhere, but the convenience would be worth a few bucks). Is this the same tube as a Mullard 8100 and would this be a worthwhile switch? I am getting the amp to pair with Sennheiser HD700s (one of my goals would be getting a bit more bass).

Mar 24, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #3,267 of 3,397
  I'm a tube amp neophyte and am planning to buy a MK III in the near future. I've noticed here (and in discussion of other amps) a lot of praise for Mullard 8100 driver tubes. Little Dot will replace the stock driver tubes with  M8100/CV4010 tubes for $45 (I'm sure they are available cheaper elsewhere, but the convenience would be worth a few bucks). Is this the same tube as a Mullard 8100 and would this be a worthwhile switch? I am getting the amp to pair with Sennheiser HD700s (one of my goals would be getting a bit more bass).

i have bought several times from this seller from England and his prices are about the norm or cheaper as for shipping to Montreal it takes around 7 days .http://www.langrex.co.uk/   and his prices are usually cheaper on his site rather than on Ebay .http://www.ebay.com/itm/M8100-CV4010-5654-MULLARD-VINTAGE-MATCHED-PAIR-VALVE-TUBES-RING-GETTER-/311525214708?hash=item48885989f4:g:C9UAAOSwm8VUtP82

Mar 27, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #3,269 of 3,397

​Good things come to those who wait!. You're in for a treat with those C3G's.

Scutey:

Finally back in action (See Below).  (I did wait about a month for the replacement Volume Pot)  The Bass is unreal.  Still gotta break em in.  Thanks to You, Mikelap and others for the tips and help on Tube Rolling.  (I am awaiting the adapters for the C3G's)

Mar 27, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #3,270 of 3,397
  Scutey:

Finally back in action (See Below).  (I did wait about a month for the replacement Volume Pot)  The Bass is unreal.  Still gotta break em in.  Thanks to You, Mikelap and others for the tips and help on Tube Rolling.  (I am awaiting the adapters for the C3G's)

dobigstuff

You're welcome!, Good to hear you're back in business!. if you think the bass is good wait till you get those C3G's in combo with the 6SN7's, great pic btw!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back