Light Harmonic GEEK
Jul 1, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #1,636 of 1,658
ask/PM the guy?

Jul 5, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #1,638 of 1,658
Can anyone identify this cable or send me a link to purchase this? I cannot find this type of cable. It's a USB Male > Female/Male. What is the actual name?

Hello, it's a USB Y cable. You can find them for cheap at amazon. One here:

HIGHROCK 30cm USB 2.0 a Power Enhancer Y 1 Female to 2 Male Data Charge Cable Extension Cord https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NIGO4NM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Hb5ExbJH5PGHF

Jul 5, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #1,639 of 1,658
Hello, it's a USB Y cable. You can find them for cheap at amazon. One here:

HIGHROCK 30cm USB 2.0 a Power Enhancer Y 1 Female to 2 Male Data Charge Cable Extension Cord https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NIGO4NM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Hb5ExbJH5PGHF

I need a male that splits into a male / female. The one you sent me is a female to Male / Male. The one you sent is not the cable that is pictured. Please correct me if I'm wrong?

Jul 6, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #1,640 of 1,658
I need a male that splits into a male / female. The one you sent me is a female to Male / Male. The one you sent is not the cable that is pictured. Please correct me if I'm wrong?

The cable that i have has two male plugs into one female plug. One of the plugs is data and power and the other is just power ( which plugs into a battery or usb charger for rxtra power).

This should be the cable you need if you want to make sure you can play your geekout out of your iphone.. Some other phones can do this without Y cables because they can supply enough power through usb...

Jul 6, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #1,641 of 1,658
The cable that i have has two male plugs into one female plug. One of the plugs is data and power and the other is just power ( which plugs into a battery or usb charger for rxtra power).

This should be the cable you need if you want to make sure you can play your geekout out of your iphone.. Some other phones can do this without Y cables because they can supply enough power through usb...

I need the phone powered from the external battery like the picture shows. I can play my V2 through my phone but that only works until the phone dies. The V2 drains the battery like crazy.

I honestly think that cable shown in the picture is a custom job that doesn't exist on the market.

I figured out the solution and will post my pic tomorrow sometime after I build this Frankenstein monster.

Jul 7, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #1,642 of 1,658
I need the phone powered from the external battery like the picture shows. I can play my V2 through my phone but that only works until the phone dies. The V2 drains the battery like crazy.

I honestly think that cable shown in the picture is a custom job that doesn't exist on the market.

I figured out the solution and will post my pic tomorrow sometime after I build this Frankenstein monster.

No, it's not a custom job. The Y cable powers the GO450 from the battery and feeds the audio from the phone to the GO450.

There is no cable (that I know of) that also allows for powering back the phone... But this is mostly fault on the CCK adapter for iPhone.... If you want something that charges the phone while at the same time extracts the audio to the DAC.... Well, at that point you need a Geek Stream (I think its called like that)...

Mar 24, 2017 at 5:49 AM Post #1,643 of 1,658
For those interested, my amp/DAC Geek Out 100 connected to Note 4 (with Exynos, 6.0.1) directly through USB OTG works perfectly with no additional apps, settings, programs, and the sound seems great.

Don't forget that apparently the sound is better when the phone/computer volume is 100% and you regulate it with the amp/DAC.

Mar 24, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #1,644 of 1,658
Yes, my Note 3 does it also.  Problem is (w/ my Note 3, and I think yours too) its limited to output 24/192 only (highest ASL - Android Sound Layer can get). Confirm it w/ GO output leds.

If you want it to play DXD or DSD material w/o downsampling, you still need an app with built USB driver like UAPP, HibyMusic, NeutronMP etc.

My Note 3 playing DSD128 via UAPP w/ my GO 1K confirming it receiving the DSD128 material/signal.

Apr 30, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #1,645 of 1,658
Hi don't know if anyone can help but I can't seem to get my geek out to work wth my new Windows 10 laptop after using without problems on my now defunct windows 7 machine. It just shows under devices 'driver unavailable' or 'unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) driver error'

The LH web site only seems to offer the v2.29 driver for windows and is this incompatable with the latest Windows ? Has anyone else had problems ?

Any help would be appreciated. I do love the sound of this device, GO720 in my case. An amazing performance to pound option.

Cheers

Apr 30, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #1,646 of 1,658
I you have installed Win10 with the Redstone update or newer, IT WILL NOT WORK.

MS has restructured the USB driver policy. "For security reasons" it must be verified by MS (for a fee of course). Non verified USB drivers will have thos errors.

LH have not done it yet (registered their usb drivers to MS). Best recourse for you is to install Win10 in an earlier version (and update...no install) or revert to 8 or 7.

Latest driver is 3.26 (link) but you will be having the same problems.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #1,647 of 1,658
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately the GeekOut didn't work with the version of windows it came with and I have since updated hoping it might be the answer:triportsad:

I tried 3.26 but no, that didn't work, as you stated.

Do you think that LH will register their drivers ? I believe they don't always provide the support they should do.

It 'll be a shame if I cant use this great device which I am only just appreciating fully after a year or so of ownership for it's synergy with my relatively new HD600s

A shame for me and surely others who don't have the knowledge

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #1,648 of 1,658
I'm using 10, it upgrades when it wants to. Am I OK with my Geek out SE v1 because I started with Windows 7?

Apr 30, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #1,649 of 1,658
Yes that's the trick others are using. Basically:
- Install windows that is later than the red stone/anniversary version.
- Install drivers. When it's done, upgrade to newer version of Win10 using the update function.

In your case Doc, it falls within the premise. Too bad no more free upgrade from Win7 to Win10.

Old Win7 or 8 keys are still valid for newer Win10 installs however.

While waiting for my Pulse. I had this setup in my office: Android Smartphone w/ a powered USB hub. USB portable HD drive and GO1K w/ HD600 attached to hub. UAPP as music player.

lLepG5ql.jpg

No need a Win10 computer. Hope you get the idea.

Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #1,650 of 1,658
Yes that's the trick others are using. Basically:
- Install windows that is later than the red stone/anniversary version.
- Install drivers. When it's done, upgrade to newer version of Win10 using the update function.

In your case Doc, it falls within the premise. Too bad no more free upgrade from Win7 to Win10.

Old Win7 or 8 keys are still valid for newer Win10 installs however.

While waiting for my Pulse. I had this setup in my office: Android Smartphone w/ a powered USB hub. USB portable HD drive and GO1K w/ HD600 attached to hub. UAPP as music player.

No need a Win10 computer. Hope you get the idea.

Not really (get the idea) looks a little complex to say the least but interesting.Interested in any method I can continue to use GO.

I can see a powered USB hub and battery pack. How does the Geek out connect to DAP (?)/ phone via this.

(Nice phones by the way My weapon of choice with Geek Out as stated above)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back