LG G3 as a portable source?
Jan 18, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #181 of 228
I use G3 (US/Sprint/LS990/Android 5.0.1) stock as my DAP. Paired with Mojo using usb otg cable (then to Senn HD-650 cans).

I'm uploading MP3/wav/AAC/aiff/alac/flac/dsd and have used Onkyo HF player/HibyMusic/USB Audio Player PRO all successfully with GREAT results sonically using the MOJO to my 650's! Best!

My question: do any of you load music directly to your G3 over the air or do you only connect to your computer or to flash drives to transfer music?

Jan 22, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #182 of 228
I use G3 (US/Sprint/LS990/Android 5.0.1) stock as my DAP. Paired with Mojo using usb otg cable (then to Senn HD-650 cans).

I'm uploading MP3/wav/AAC/aiff/alac/flac/dsd and have used Onkyo HF player/HibyMusic/USB Audio Player PRO all successfully with GREAT results sonically using the MOJO to my 650's! Best!

My question: do any of you load music directly to your G3 over the air or do you only connect to your computer or to flash drives to transfer music?

I connect directly to my computer. I don't know how to do it over the air.

Mar 6, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #185 of 228
Just a little update for you guys, I've got my G3 (D858Hk) updated on official LG Marshmallow, the E18 still works just as it did on KitKat and Lollipop

Awesome, I'm about to get a G3. It will have good enough SQ wired, but I am almost always going to use my Bluetooth headphones (which sound quite good) so I'm happt to see that the G3 has Aptx. Anybody used it Bluetooth by chance?

Mar 8, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #186 of 228
I'm using the G3 with my Bluetooth headphones and couldn't be happier. I recently sold my DP-X1 and PM3 combination, but I really don't feel that I am missing anything. The G3 is rather a nice phone as well, not the top of the line phone now, but still quite decent and it is still in the top of better sounding phones based on my research and experience so far.

Mar 20, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #187 of 228
  I'm using the G3 with my Bluetooth headphones and couldn't be happier. I recently sold my DP-X1 and PM3 combination, but I really don't feel that I am missing anything. The G3 is rather a nice phone as well, not the top of the line phone now, but still quite decent and it is still in the top of better sounding phones based on my research and experience so far.

The G3 might not be top of the line anymore, but with the Marshmellow update it really feels like a new phone again, responsive, fluid, etc

Mar 20, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #188 of 228
  The G3 might not be top of the line anymore, but with the Marshmellow update it really feels like a new phone again, responsive, fluid, etc

Yes, I'm waiting for my carrier (Virgin Mobile) to roll out Marshmallow to the G3. I didn't want to screw anything up and put it on before Virgin has tested and distributed it. Really nice phone I think and still well enough specd that it can keep up where important. I don't game or really multitask with a phone so my needs are modest, but for audio the G3 is well regarded which was my reason for picking it.

Mar 26, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #190 of 228
guys need some help.  I'm strapping a dac on my g3 for dedicated player but having some problems.  i'm still on 4.4 kitkat and I can't seem to get music through the usb.  Is there a setting somewhere?  it was working fine when I had it strapped to a e18 but now with my idsd no sound is coming through.

Mar 26, 2016 at 5:23 AM Post #191 of 228
Get poweramp alpha for your g3!

The new hi res mode enables output at 44.1khz sample rate as opposed to force resample everything 48k, and allows output at 24bit. While the resampler quality isn't terrible to begin with, now it's finally great as a digital source.

Mar 26, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #192 of 228
  guys need some help.  I'm strapping a dac on my g3 for dedicated player but having some problems.  i'm still on 4.4 kitkat and I can't seem to get music through the usb.  Is there a setting somewhere?  it was working fine when I had it strapped to a e18 but now with my idsd no sound is coming through.

Perhaps try using Hibymusic. Start the app, then plug in and turn on the DAC....you should get a message on screen asking if you'll allow the app to access the usb device

Mar 26, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #195 of 228
Thanks for all the help guys. I found a fix using uapp. Works with streaming tidal and is bitperfect.

yup UAPP will work. the reason I suggested Hibymusic is because it has a much nicer interface...but is a standalone music player app, it wont integrate with other apps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back