Lets Talk Metal
Jun 15, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #26,596 of 29,630
Not "you guys", it's MA that makes those comments. There is a reason this thread is slowing and the other one has people moving over to it......

But I like blast beats. I wouldn't be welcome with most of my music over there. :frowning2:

Jun 15, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #26,597 of 29,630
Let me just say. I like metal of all stripes. From proggy stuff to weird esoteric stuff, to dumb as hell slam death and goregrind. No one should feel lesser than because of what they do or don't like.

Jun 15, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #26,598 of 29,630
No one should feel lesser than because of what they do or don't like.

Practice what you preach, then: Don't insult everyone who likes a band...

And no, I'm not trying to make people "feel lesser than" when I say "you don't get it" to those who discount all validity of something simply because they dislike it; I'm just stating the obvious. Oftentimes, when I dislike something, it's because I don't "get it" either, in the sense that I can't comprehend why someone would enjoy it. That doesn't mean they don't have every reason and right to enjoy it; I just don't happen to understand why. My approach is more honest in that I admit I don't understand why instead of insisting there is no reason why in the first place.

(I don't expect you to see this post, though. heh)

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #26,599 of 29,630
New Iced Earth is really good. Very surprised by it to say the least.

643003.jpg

Jun 16, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #26,601 of 29,630
you cant say that meshuggah isnt one of the heaviest bands out there ,, but you can say they sound dull ... as the yiddish would say "thats fkn meshuggah"

ps blocking sombody because you dont like what they said?? comon man

Jun 17, 2017 at 4:29 AM Post #26,604 of 29,630
Meshuggah is an sound that maybe takes a while to get used to. I purchased Chaosphere when it came out in 1998 but failed to grasp the "THING".
Later I liked the band. If you read interviews they state that they stay around normal metal time signatures but can put some detailed drum work which makes the music syncopated and sound like it's in exotic time signatures. They deserve credit for starting a sub-genre and filling metal with new ideas. Most of their albums take a few listens though.

This is their best work to my ears.......

Jun 17, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #26,605 of 29,630
if any other thrash/death/tech band put out contradictions collapse it would be deemed as their best work, but because its from meshuggah no one seems to care,
it kicks ass straight off the bat, catch 33 is fkn hard to listn to i will admit that, it gets the least play, then, obzen, choasphere ,koloss apart from a few favs like DO NOT LOOK DOWN . listen to contradictions.

I am a melodic death buzz atm, anybody know anything better than this?

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #26,606 of 29,630
Meshuggah is an sound that maybe takes a while to get used to. I purchased Chaosphere when it came out in 1998 but failed to grasp the "THING".
Later I liked the band. If you read interviews they state that they stay around normal metal time signatures but can put some detailed drum work which makes the music syncopated and sound like it's in exotic time signatures. They deserve credit for starting a sub-genre and filling metal with new ideas. Most of their albums take a few listens though.

This is their best work to my ears.......

Its true the drummer does most of the work espessially in later albums like kollos and obzen but the vocals are still there. The sleep on the other hand only has the drums, Jens is past 50 now.
I always thought his would be the last person's doghnut would want to remove jelly from for fear of a bollocking of a life time, he is just not in it on the latest album.

catch 33 i think is the album that all kinds of sameish

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #26,607 of 29,630
I am a melodic death buzz atm, anybody know anything better than this?

http://www.ranker.com/list/melodic-death-metal-bands-and-musicians/reference

(I've talked a lot about melodeath here in the past, but I'm too lazy to list my favorite melodeath albums at the moment.)

Its true the drummer does most of the work espessially in later albums like kollos and obzen but the vocals are still there.

Fun fact: Catch 33 has programmed drums.

Jun 20, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #26,609 of 29,630
Unrelated topic:

Guys, any recommendation for QKZ or KZ or Remax earphone which offers a bit more treble. Any other recommendations for cheap IEMs with good treble also appreciated.

Jun 20, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #26,610 of 29,630
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Dying Fetus has a special 2X vinyl which comes with it's own knife of all things!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back