Known bugs/issues with latest X7 firmware
Jan 20, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #198 of 256
With last firmware 3.1.4, not scanning, imposible to play a lot of folders. Same errors, same logs. I sent all.

Clicking on songs of a lot of folders does nothing.

Chinese characteres on a lot of songs.

Really bad spanish translation.

Not option to queue a song, not option to read embedded lyrics, not option to read more than one artist, genre, etc. separate by semicolon, not use of "Disc Number" tag, not option to read and catalog by "Composer" instead of "Artist".

A music player does not take or use the advantage of embeded music TAGs developed to catalog, order and store music info, like Lyrics, more than one album art, artist, composer, album disc number, song track number, RATINGS, etc. MediaMonkey for PC is one of the best programs that use all tags and scanned more than 20.000 songs in seconds. Yes, in seconds. Allow to play, for example, the best rating songs. Or search by artist, composer, album, etc.

This is desperately maddening. Returning again to 2.0 in other play songs and listen music.

iRiver H-140, in year 2000, has more options to any 2015 and beyond music player. We are falling back on technology like crabs.  

Jan 21, 2017 at 6:23 AM Post #199 of 256
I upgraded from 3.1.1 to 3.1.3 last weekend as I could previously only play the same track over and over on 3.1.1
I now find I can skip back and forth through my music again, however I mostly use my X7 in the car as line out to 2 Alpine amps and they don't seem to work well together at the moment. When the screen sleeps so does the sound, if you want to hear 2nd song you have to manually grab the X7 and tap the power button to power the screen back up...And again for each song whilst driving.
Normally I use the RM1 but this doesn't work when the screen sleeps now.

Jan 22, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #200 of 256
We're now up to 3.1.4beta:

http://fiio.net:8000/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=41959&extra=page%3D1&utm_campaign=website&utm_source=sendgrid.com&utm_medium=email

It seems track-scanning is still failing with lots of cover art, but there's possibly light at the end of the tunnel. However, the next beta may be a while away, given the Chinese new year.

I've not had much time to play with 3.1.4beta yet. I was about to post the fact that 3.1.3beta had been much better for me than 3.1.2beta, which caused all kinds of crashes and playback problems for me. YouTube videos are now playing and Amazon music streaming seems to be working :) (Can I remove these bugs from our list?!?) @JaviAl pointed out, I also noticed that the recently-played option in the personalized menu now seems to work properly. I've had one problem with the idle power-off timer. It shuts off even when I'm using the X7 as a USB DAC. I don't consider the player is idle when I'm actively using it as a USB DAC, but maybe FiiO sees things differently?

@JaviAI, estoy aprendiendo espanol. Apuesto a que my traduccion es peor que la de FiiO :wink:

Jan 27, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #201 of 256
Thanks for the feedback @RuFrost and sorry for not replying to your earlier post.

FW. 3.1.3
1) There is problem with DAC (and sometimes in fiio player) mode. 1-2 seconds of the 1 song in the playlist is not played. The same thing going on with the video in any player - VLC, WM etc...
2) Russian characters are not displayed correctly - they showed as chinese symbols.
3) After all this months, can somebody explain Fiio control panel:
a) what does methods of connection means? What do they influence? (reliable, relaxed, safe etc...)
b) What does buffer siz3e of asio means?
4) When new themes (such as leafs and myst) are going to be returned? I really miss it. Without it, X7 is kinda lifeless.
5) Also, after so many months, can somebody explain, why X7 creates LOST.DIR in internal space as well in SD card? Really annoying thing which has never disappeared.  
6) Battery saving mode is switching off after it is connected to the charger or lap-top. It does not came back to the same mode after disconnection. Is it possible to make X7 return to the battery saving mode?Is is possible to create variety of options on how this mode would be displayed (i.e. I do not really like orange color, or it to occupy top and back lines of the system).
7) In the new added theme, I cannot scroll volume up or down fast. I spend 5-10 seconds correcting the sound. In Colorfly c4 pro I spend like a second. If I'm not mistaken, in the last versions and in old theme it can be scrolled fastly.
8) I will add something after more tests.

We've already got 1) and 2) on our list, but I've added your votes. I'm afraid I can't answer questions 3 or 4. I don't know - sorry! I agree, it would be nice if FiiO could hide the LOST.DIR, but perhaps FiiO are worried someone might have a favorite band, called LOST.DIR?! :wink: I think 6) is a feature request, so I would PM FiiO directly about that. I have the same issue as you in 7) I'll add your vote for this. (I find the same problem with both themes though.) Thanks again for the feedback.

Jan 27, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #202 of 256
  We've already got 1) and 2) on our list, but I've added your votes. I'm afraid I can't answer questions 3 or 4. I don't know - sorry! I agree, it would be nice if FiiO could hide the LOST.DIR, but perhaps FiiO are worried someone might have a favorite band, called LOST.DIR?! :wink: I think 6) is a feature request, so I would PM FiiO directly about that. I have the same issue as you in 7) I'll add your vote for this. (I find the same problem with both themes though.) Thanks again for the feedback.

thank you so much for you response)) Glad I'm not alone with such issues))
9) Scanning works really slow. The slowest of all versions. It started pretty recently though. Since last 6-7 betas.
10) When song stops playing with switched off display, the next song is not playing. In order for next song to be played, display must be turned on. Never seen this bug on previous betas. (Made system (not factory) reset two times - after 2d one, problem is cleared). 

Feb 4, 2017 at 5:36 AM Post #203 of 256
I'm using X7 a lot with K5 docking station and I remember that FiiO said the when X7 is docked in K5 it can be powered on and off by K5. While powering X7 on is working, the powering X7 off is not working. When X7 is working and docked in K5. when I turn the volume/power knob max to the left to power off K5, X7 for a while is displaying message that it is powering down but after maybe a second this message is gone and X7 is normally working. Strange thing, when you take out working X7 from working K5, I mean disconnect it, it displays a message that it is powering down and after 10 seconds if the is no touch to the screen it actually powers itself down. The feature is actually working, but there is something wrong with implementation while X7 is docked in K5. This bug is at least 5 revisions back, before that it wasn't even working at all. So it is progress, just needs a little more tweaking.

Feb 11, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #204 of 256
3.1.5beta is out: http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=42032&extra=page%3D1

Here are the updates:

1. Fixed issue where some third-party music apps could not save downloads to the external SD cards;
2. Added album art display in lock screen.
3. Improved issue where the title of some tracks was displayed incorrectly;
4. Improved the track sorting method;
5. Improved issue where FiiO Music would exit abnormally when scanning some CUE sheets.

Item 1 may be important to some folks and 2 is a nice touch. I'm not seeing any improvements with regard to item 4 though. Files are still ordered only with respect to the first character, which can make it a bit interesting trying to search for artists via folder navigation.

Feb 17, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #205 of 256
FW3.1.6_beta is now available with the following changes/fixes:

1. Added option to auto-match/manually search for lyrics & album art (the auto-match function can be enabled in FiiO Music->Settings->Auto-match lyrics & album art; and to manually search, you can directly click on the lyrics screen if there're no lyrics available or click the Functions icon at the lower right of the lyrics screen then select "Search");
2. Added option to display the songs by album under the Genre category (you can click the mode icon below the guitar-like Genre category icon to switch the display method)
3. Added ON/OFF switch for lockscreen album art display (FiiO Music->Settings->Lockscreen album art);
4. Updated the UI of ViPER Effect;
5. Fixed issue where the state (Play/Pause) of the play control bar in the lockscreen would not change in accordance with the music playback state;
6. Improved the display of album art in lockscreen;
7. Improved issue where the titles of some tracks were displayed incorrectly;
8. Miscellaneous bug fixes.

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qdf3xy59sm6vy9w/X7-ota-3.1.6.zip?dl=0

For more detail. please check here :http://www.fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=42048&extra=page%3D1

Feb 17, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #206 of 256
FW3.1.6

French accents in song titles (not album titles) are still displayed incorrectly.

Since x betas thats drivin' me crazy.

Nevertheless, should not be so difficult.

@Fiio: Please fix it.

Thanks

Feb 17, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #207 of 256
FW3.1.6

French accents in song titles (not album titles) are still displayed incorrectly.

Since x betas thats drivin' me crazy.

Nevertheless, should not be so difficult.

@Fiio: Please fix it.

Thanks

Thanks for your vote (which has pushed this issue into joint first place, along with the scanning issue for large libraries with embedded artwork).

Mar 3, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #209 of 256
FW 3.1.7

1. French characters with accents in song titles (not album titles) are still displayed incorrectly.

2. If you change playlist, the first one or two second of first song you play is still cut off.

Mar 3, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #210 of 256
  FW 3.1.7

1. French characters with accents in song titles (not album titles) are still displayed incorrectly.

2. If you change playlist, the first one or two second of first song you play is still cut off.

Thanks again for your feedback. Are you only noticing the second issue when launching from playlists? I seem to get this effect intermittently no matter how I start the player. Other DAPs buffer (and sometimes even show you a little progress bar), which is quite tolerable. It does spoil the experience a bit when the front of each song gets truncated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back