Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 24, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #19,172 of 63,796
Well Kz Ate is no longer sold by official Kz store anymore on aliexpress. Looks like they are phased out

Even if the "Official KZ Store" is out of the ATE, soooo many other stores have plenty of ATE. I did a quick search on Aliexpress, Amazon, Gearbest, ebay. You could buy enough ATE to fill a semi truck.

Or are you thinking about the ZSE (the new one)?

Jul 24, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #19,173 of 63,796
K1 or V1? V1 is the double driver. K1 looks like this:

Sorry, wrote the "K" buy mistake! I meant the old V1's which had the dual dynamics but the nozzle was positioned in the center of the iem instead of on the end like the ones in Viber's post.

Their Immortal.jpg

Jul 24, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #19,174 of 63,796
Who said the sale on gearbest is fake was right. I tried to refresh constantly at 9 AM UTC before and after that time and the zs5 *never* showed at 9.99.

It's not fake.
Turns out you can only see the 10$ price at checkout, but they run out so fast, i did the whole process in 2 seconds with 10$ pricetag on and i managed to miss the sale. :confounded: It was really a matter of luck, i'm pretty quick with my mouse and i still didn't have a chance of getting them.
Later on it was confirmed by GB that there were only 6 units that day for 10$.

If it helps i believe that the ZS5 will eventually drop down to around 13$.

Jul 24, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #19,175 of 63,796
It's not fake.
Turns out you can only see the 10$ price at checkout, but they run out so fast, i did the whole process in 2 seconds with 10$ pricetag on and i managed to miss the sale. :confounded: It was really a matter of luck, i'm pretty quick with my mouse and i still didn't have a chance of getting them.
Later on it was confirmed by GB that there were only 6 units that day for 10$.

If it helps i believe that the ZS5 will eventually drop down to around 13$.

Viber, you're as fast as "Ned Nederlander"

Jul 24, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #19,176 of 63,796
KZ Clanners.JPG

Oh look, it's a KZ Clan photo:open_mouth:

Attachments

• KZ Clan.JPG
    KZ Clan.JPG
    432 KB · Views: 0
Jul 24, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #19,177 of 63,796
ZST or ZS5? I'm a poor guy but I heard ZS5 is miles better than ZST. Which one should I buy? Also, official KZ store wants $30. I found this one with $5 less. Is it ok?
http://s.aliexpress.com/nYRjMNJF

8p5UCQx.png
the zs5 has ridden the hype train for longer than any chifi iem i can remember, and it is an enhancement in many respects of the zst--deeper (tho less controlled) low end, much beefier, richer mids and more high end extension/detail. imaging and instrument placement are also audibly better. that said, having spent more time with both i can't necessarily say the zs5 is "miles better" than the zst, mainly because the zst is more top-to-bottom coherent--you're less conscious of hearing the different frequencies. the zst is also more efficient and easier to drive, while the zs5 really needs an amp to sound its best. on vidal's 0-10 scale (where he rates the zs5 at 9.7), i'd put the zs5 at around 9.1 and the zst around 8.8, if that's any help (i'd put the urbanfun at more like 9.5 and the ed9 at 8.9).

Jul 24, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #19,178 of 63,796
Jul 24, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #19,179 of 63,796
Will buy the ZSE Wednesday if available.

Bluetooth cable is terrible, wouldn't recommend unless you absolutely need it.

Jul 24, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #19,180 of 63,796
ZST or ZS5? I'm a poor guy but I heard ZS5 is miles better than ZST. Which one should I buy? Also, official KZ store wants $30. I found this one with $5 less. Is it ok?
http://s.aliexpress.com/nYRjMNJF

To follow up on this now that I've heard both - the ZST are by no means bad, but the mids suffer a lot compared to the ZS5, and the detail is generally less present across the board. The bass sounds very good on the ZST though, maybe as good as the the ZS5. They are also much more aesthetically pleasing, if that sort of thing matters to you.

Jul 24, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #19,183 of 63,796
the zs5 has ridden the hype train for longer than any chifi iem i can remember, and it is an enhancement in many respects of the zst--deeper (tho less controlled) low end, much beefier, richer mids and more high end extension/detail. imaging and instrument placement are also audibly better. that said, having spent more time with both i can't necessarily say the zs5 is "miles better" than the zst, mainly because the zst is more top-to-bottom coherent--you're less conscious of hearing the different frequencies. the zst is also more efficient and easier to drive, while the zs5 really needs an amp to sound its best. on vidal's 0-10 scale (where he rates the zs5 at 9.7), i'd put the zs5 at around 9.1 and the zst around 8.8, if that's any help (i'd put the urbanfun at more like 9.5 and the ed9 at 8.9).
I totally agree with your findings between the ZS5 and the ZST but I have to disagree about the UrbanFun HiFi sounding better than ZS5 and ZST from my own experience. To me both ZS5 and ZST sounds better (after pairing them to Comply T400 tips) than the UrbanFun HiFi.

Jul 24, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #19,185 of 63,796
Will buy the ZSE Wednesday if available.

Bluetooth cable is terrible, wouldn't recommend unless you absolutely need it.

It works best on the ZST. I don't like it at all on the ZS3 or ZS5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back