Klipsch High End Over Ear-your input appreciated
Apr 21, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #241 of 1,468
Of course! The first Alpha-build is happening in June, which may not be Prime-time ready, followed by the beta-build a month or so after. All the metal parts take about 6-8 weeks to tool (cutting steel), that's why there's quite a big gap between now and then. I'm hopeful to hit the road late summer and see how many of you folks I can meet at Head-Fi events! I think the target right now should be getting a bunch of the final product to RMAF as possible.

Oh, and to answer your question about the headphone amp - it's set for $499 retail (still featuring balanced amplification and ES9018K2M DAC).

Apr 21, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #242 of 1,468
  Of course! The first Alpha-build is happening in June, which may not be Prime-time ready, followed by the beta-build a month or so after. All the metal parts take about 6-8 weeks to tool (cutting steel), that's why there's quite a big gap between now and then. I'm hopeful to hit the road late summer and see how many of you folks I can meet at Head-Fi events! I think the target right now should be getting a bunch of the final product to RMAF as possible.

Oh, and to answer your question about the headphone amp - it's set for $499 retail (still featuring balanced amplification and ES9018K2M DAC).

Good to hear, I wasn't sure if you guys were going to go through with letting some of us beta test them. I can't wait to hear them, or at the least get to hear what others think of them if I am not among the lucky few. 

That sounds like a good price for the amp, I am very interested in it as well. Can I ask what the rated power output for both single ended and balanced modes are supposed to be? Also,  I know you said you were going to use the TPA6120A2, and it might be too late for this, but have you looked into the new THX headphone amp modules? By all accounts, they are down right amazing.

May 7, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #245 of 1,468

Are you guys still looking to do a beta test with feedback from the Head-Fi community? If so I'd love to be apart of that.

Jun 26, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #250 of 1,468
So sorry for the lack of updating...we are getting close.

New pics!

Attachments

• IMG_9703.JPG
    IMG_9703.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9708.JPG
    IMG_9708.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back