JDS Labs Element
Jun 24, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #588 of 636
I can't post in the for sale threads yet as I am a new member.....

FOR SALE: Element EL DAC and EL AMP, 1 month old, retail $530.00 I want $400 plus shipping. I went with Schiit instead. They brand new and in excellent condition.

Aug 14, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #592 of 636
I'm considering buying an EL Amp because I prefer separates and it will give me DAC flexibility down the line...I only wish the knob could control speaker volume.

Mines an original from before you could switch the line output so it can only run as a dac and amp or amp only.

That said with the price of the el amp vs the price of the complete Element I don't see why someone wouldn't just pay an extra 20 bucks and get the full Element b stock just to have the dac if you ever needed it.

Aug 18, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #593 of 636
Mines an original from before you could switch the line output so it can only run as a dac and amp or amp only.

That said with the price of the el amp vs the price of the complete Element I don't see why someone wouldn't just pay an extra 20 bucks and get the full Element b stock just to have the dac if you ever needed it.

Yeah, the pricing is way off, IMO.

Aug 21, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #597 of 636
It's almost too neutral, too clinical and it's not as resolving as i'd like it to be. I mean it will put out a ton of power and drive anything I have to ear bleeding levels but to me it's just sort of boring otherwise.

Yeah that's what they market it as, a neutral but powerful headphone amp, and for that it is brilliant :)

Sep 21, 2017 at 12:28 AM Post #599 of 636
I'm currently using a 6-foot USB cable with my Element. I don't notice any dropouts or anything like that. However, I'm curious to know if using a 3-foot cable would deliver slightly more power to the DAC resulting in a possible slight (perhaps even unnoticeable) improvement of some sort? As I understand it the Element's DAC is receiving power from the USB cable, and the amp is receiving power from the power cable.

Also, I love my Element! Thank you JDS!!

Sep 21, 2017 at 2:30 AM Post #600 of 636
I'm currently using a 6-foot USB cable with my Element. I don't notice any dropouts or anything like that. However, I'm curious to know if using a 3-foot cable would deliver slightly more power to the DAC resulting in a possible slight (perhaps even unnoticeable) improvement of some sort? As I understand it the Element's DAC is receiving power from the USB cable, and the amp is receiving power from the power cable.

Also, I love my Element! Thank you JDS!!

I don't think it works like that... If the DAC isn't getting enough signal it just won't work rather than degrade in sound quality.

So you won't hear a difference in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back