Introduction to TY Hi-Z Earbud Family: Mega Review
Mar 6, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #46 of 94
I have added my review of the TY Hi-Z HP-400se to the first page of this thread: 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/831374/introduction-to-ty-hi-z-earbud-family-mega-review

--

Great overview, good to have added the 400SE for completeness. Think I can safely pass on the 400SE for now, with having the 650.

I must say even if the 650 is more detailed, I absolutely love the sound of the 320 and the 400S, they're up there as two of my favorite earbuds of those I own (would be hard to include what I don't own, obviously!) and I think they're massively underrated on these boards.

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #48 of 94
**UPDATE:  TY Hi-Z 32 2.5mm Balanced Version review added to the first post (with a comparison to the Monk+ 2.5mm Balanced).**

--

Great review again. I'm really hopeful considering the differences you describe between the sound signature of the balanced version with the other 32 TY's - as it sounds like it may address everything I disliked on the 32S. Also because I absolutely love the Monk+ balanced espresso's which has leapt into my top earbuds list.

Apr 21, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #49 of 94
BloodyPenguin - could you provide a comparison between the 400se vs the rose Masya? if you can add more details on the mids, that would be nicely appreciated. Tia.

Apr 22, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #50 of 94
**UPDATE:  TY Hi-Z 32 2.5mm Balanced Version review added to the first post (with a comparison to the Monk+ 2.5mm Balanced).**

--

Ok after some listening my first impressions are that I agree spot on with your review. The balanced TY 32 has none of the harshness issues and sounds excellent, and together with the Monk+ balanced, it's amazing how cheap great sound can be!! (Ok except for the cost of a player with balanced output!)

Apr 23, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #51 of 94
[ name="flamesofarctica" url="/t/831374/introduction-to-ty-hi-z-earbud-family-mega-review/45#post_13445048"]
Ok after some listening my first impressions are that I agree spot on with your review. The balanced TY 32 has none of the harshness issues and sounds excellent, and together with the Monk+ balanced, it's amazing how cheap great sound can be!! (Ok except for the cost of a player with balanced output!)[/quote] Never own a balance player. In your opinion is it worth it. A balance DAP? Need balance amp too right? (for whatever reason)

Apr 23, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #52 of 94
Never own a balance player. In your opinion is it worth it. A balance DAP? Need balance amp too right? (for whatever reason)

Not going to pretend to understand the wizardry involved, I've tried reading into it and still lost! I'm not technical at all.

But I think the amplification stages in a player such as the Cayin N5 which is the one I have (or Aune M1S etc) handle that side of things, so balanced earbuds can be plugged directly in.

--Someone technical feel free to come in and explain properly and correct anything I've got wrong here :-D --

Is it worth it...well part of it is the quality of the player itself...

I love the SQ of the Cayin N5 and I haven't hit the law of diminishing returns yet I was pleased to find out, to me its well worth the money. It's also really powerful so will drive anything I plug into it, which was one of my criteria when I was shopping around for a next-level-up player.

The balanced output was a bonus, and I've been really impressed, with the balanced versions of the Monk+ and TY Hi-Z 32 both giving sound quality as good to my ears as earbuds far exceeding their price. Separation and soundstage are just wow to my ears (and also based in comments from friends I've forced to try it out, 'here just listen to this' styley). How much of this is the balanced aspect, and how much the extra output power (50% more than the standard 3.5mm output in the case of the N5) I have no idea. Tbh I don't care the reasons when it sounds so good :-D

Apr 23, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #53 of 94
Not going to pretend to understand the wizardry involved, I've tried reading into it and still lost! I'm not technical at all.

But I think the amplification stages in a player such as the Cayin N5 which is the one I have (or Aune M1S etc) handle that side of things, so balanced earbuds can be plugged directly in.

--Someone technical feel free to come in and explain properly and correct anything I've got wrong here :-D --

Is it worth it...well part of it is the quality of the player itself...

I love the SQ of the Cayin N5 and I haven't hit the law of diminishing returns yet I was pleased to find out, to me its well worth the money. It's also really powerful so will drive anything I plug into it, which was one of my criteria when I was shopping around for a next-level-up player.

The balanced output was a bonus, and I've been really impressed, with the balanced versions of the Monk+ and TY Hi-Z 32 both giving sound quality as good to my ears as earbuds far exceeding their price. Separation and soundstage are just wow to my ears (and also based in comments from friends I've forced to try it out, 'here just listen to this' styley). How much of this is the balanced aspect, and how much the extra output power (50% more than the standard 3.5mm output in the case of the N5) I have no idea. Tbh I don't care the reasons when it sounds so good :-D
Thanks bro. Now I have to balance myself (budget) whether to get the new Cayin n3 or get the pricier balance capable n5..

BTW sorry for out of topic for a moment. :D

May 11, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #55 of 94
I also make a comparaison between monk+ and TY Hi-Z 32 2.5mm both balanced with Aune M1s

Before receiving my 32 i was :anguished::kissing_heart::anguished: with my monk + (burn in done).
BUT when i earded for the first time the 32 I was :astonished::astonished::scream::kissing_heart::scream::astonished::astonished: . They are just awsome ! more bass, more separation, better sounding.

May 11, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #56 of 94
I also make a comparaison between monk+ and TY Hi-Z 32 2.5mm both balanced with Aune M1s

Before receiving my 32 i was :anguished::kissing_heart::anguished: with my monk + (burn in done).
BUT when i earded for the first time the 32 I was :astonished::astonished::scream::kissing_heart::scream::astonished::astonished: . They are just awsome ! more bass, more separation, better sounding.

How did you do the burn in?

May 18, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #58 of 94
What is the best TY Hi-Z model you have heard? How do they compare to Wong Kuan Wae's (300Ω) Blur 魔女? I'll be using the LG V20 qad dac.

I bought a 150ohm TY to pair with my LG G6 . So far so good with high impedance activated on the Quad Dac on G6.

I also bought cheap VE Monk+ for comparison. The TY have better lows.

May 28, 2017 at 3:08 AM Post #59 of 94
The popularity of Earbuds has exploded in recent years. The range of models from each manufacture is getting more diverse by the minute.

In this thread, I will discuss a good portion of the TY Hi-Z earbud family and I will update with future models if possible.

The plethora of TY Hi-Z earbuds are defined by; design, tuning and most noticeably, impedance.

--

Are the TY Hi-Z earbud housings (except the AWK-314P) a standard MX500 15.4mm size shell?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back