Introduction to TY Hi-Z Earbud Family: Mega Review
Jan 9, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #18 of 94

Hahaha, I doubt that's the reason — over there, everything is "royalty free".

well you can always take legal action...bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #19 of 94
Thanks for doing all this research, your work is much appreciated :D

I currently have the monk+ and the zen 2. I've ordered the TY Hi-Z HP-32s as there have been many reports of good sub bass on it. Sub bass is the only thing I find lacking in both the earbuds I currently own. If it impresses, I will take the plunge and try the more advanced alternatives.

Jan 11, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #22 of 94
  TY Hi-Z HP-32s - Error -> "This extension into the highs does give the HP-32s a small amount of extra detail than the HP-32s."

Nice catch!  Thanks, I have corrected it to read:  "This extension into the highs does give the HP-32s a small amount of extra detail than the HP-32."

I appreciate the heads up!  
smile.gif

--

Jan 12, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #25 of 94
Kinda interested with the HP-150 
model, how is it compared to Monk+ in term of soundstage? I guess my preference is earbud with airy sound :dt880smile:  
I love that quality of the Monk+ as well, and personally I'd say all of the 32, 32S and 150 lack the airy laid back sound of the Monk+.

There is plenty of this on the TY HP320 though to my ears, I found it a big leap in quality in the TY range once you get to the TY320, as I hadn't been overly impressed with the 150. The TY650 is awesome by the way, high quality and rich in detail (I haven't tried the 400 earbuds yet). Neither the 320 nor the 650 have any harshness (which I found with the 32 and 32S).

Obviously it depends on style of music, source etc, so this is just my experiences.

Jan 12, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #26 of 94
I love that quality of the Monk+ as well, and personally I'd say all of the 32, 32S and 150 lack the airy laid back sound of the Monk+.

There is plenty of this on the TY HP320 though to my ears, I found it a big leap in quality in the TY range once you get to the TY320, as I hadn't been overly impressed with the 150. The TY650 is awesome by the way, high quality and rich in detail (I haven't tried the 400 earbuds yet). Neither the 320 nor the 650 have any harshness (which I found with the 32 and 32S).

Obviously it depends on style of music, source etc, so this is just my experiences.

Thanks for the comparison, I guess I will try the TY HP320 instead if I decided to order one.

Jan 16, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #29 of 94
  Hey, if you want airyness, or more soundstage, in a similar to monk bud I recomend K's earphone 64 ohm. Its basically like a more refined, smoother, more detailed, and wider soundstage monk. same general sig, just better imo. Its a $10 bud. I have the reg dark cable, there is a silver one as well.

Thanks for the suggestion, will probably give this one a try first since its cheaper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back