Introducing VentureCraft SounDroid VALOQ [SDP-1]-Impression thread- Check second post for updates
Feb 18, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #603 of 657
I was curious if anyone would recommend the iFi iem match to go along with the VALOQ as to eliminate some of the background noise? If anyone has any experience with this or could give some insight I would appreciate it. Been thinking about getting one of these for a little bit now but wasn't keen to hear about noise. Any help/insight is appreciated.

Mar 4, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #606 of 657
Would like to hear from anyone who compared the Valoq Limited Edition to the Sony 1Z. I did the comparison in unbalanced mode and no upsampling on the Valoq. Valoq was head and shoulders better IMHO. 1Z had been in the showroom for at least 3 months and I presume would have had several hundred hours of burn in. Earphones used were FAD Lab1.

Mar 4, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #607 of 657
I just dont know why I like this darn DAP so much!

I must agree with this. As far as the handling and controlling the device, much better than the Aune. The UI is much more stable and they definitely put a lot of heart into this device. It checks all my boxes and as a bonus is light to boot and can be put in my front pocket no problem:D

It will be a few weeks till I get to the comparison between the Aune and the Valoq as my unit is no where close to being even at 50 hrs of use, I'm definitely going to get it up to at least a hundred before I begin. Definitely looking forward to breaking down how these two companies approached the ak4490.

Also shout out to the fella who recommended the kenton tape, I grabbed some and with that simple mod now can look forward to having this player for years to come.

Mar 4, 2017 at 5:40 AM Post #610 of 657
Would like to hear from anyone who compared the Valoq Limited Edition to the Sony 1Z. I did the comparison in unbalanced mode and no upsampling on the Valoq. Valoq was head and shoulders better IMHO. 1Z had been in the showroom for at least 3 months and I presume would have had several hundred hours of burn in. Earphones used were FAD Lab1.

I would like to do this comparison as well myself, might be awhile though as I reside in the Pacific Northwest and the only shot I see at the moment is getting up to Seattle for their canjam if I havent missed it or local meetup if someone has it. As a conciliation I will be able to offer a few insights against the lotoo paw gold, with help from @nmatheis in a little while.

Mar 12, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #613 of 657
Ive always liked the sound profile of the Mee P1, especially with an amp. Until last night, I hadnt had a chance for critical listening and after about an hour or so going over various tracks I know, I decided it was time to see what the Nakamura added. When I say Ive never heard the P1 sing like this, it was almost like listening to a better more expensive Iem. Everything from seperation, clarity, dynamics was dialed up. Everything had a way more realistic feel to it. Quite a revelation. I'll be getting with @nmatheis here soon and look forward to him confirming what i am hearing

Apr 1, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #615 of 657
Hey guys. I met up with ExpiredLabel at Echo Audio here in good, old Portland, OR earlier today and had a chance to listen to his Valoq + Nakamura setup. I brought my LPG so he could grab a listen to that.

I listened to Valoq with and without the Nakamura using various headphones on display at Echo Audio as well as my pair of UM Maestro. With each of the headphones and Unique Melody, I heard a more expensive soundstage and more upper end sparkle. The upper end sparkle didn't go to far, though. No overly bright upper mids or hot treble. The Nakamura definitely made for a more engaging listen. On its own, the Nakamura sounded neutral and a bit flat in comparison.

Throwing LPG into the mix, the Valoq + Nakamura combination with its more engaging sound reminded me more of the LPG. The Valoq on its own fell short of LPG IMHO. Don't get me wrong the Valoq did sound good, but it lacked the punchy bass, sparkly treble, and pinpoint spacial cues LPG has. Just my opinion.

Thanks to ExpiredLabel for giving me a listen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back