Introducing the new Continental V5 portable tube amp
Mar 10, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #646 of 867
Hi to everbody. Just a brief information on this amp's driveability.... I just listened to a few tracks with the new ZMF Atticus, a 300 ohm dynamic drivers HP (that sounds beautifully through V5...) and I can confirm there is no issue at all.
At normal listening levels in high gain the volume pot is half way and I hear no issues. It sounds just beautiful
dt880smile.png

Bye
Alessandro 

Mar 14, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #647 of 867
Hi to everbody. Just a brief information on this amp's driveability.... I just listened to a few tracks with the new ZMF Atticus, a 300 ohm dynamic drivers HP (that sounds beautifully through V5...) and I can confirm there is no issue at all.
At normal listening levels in high gain the volume pot is half way and I hear no issues. It sounds just beautiful :dt880smile:
Bye
Alessandro 

I'm really glad to hear that. I have an Eikon on the way and looking forward to driving it with the Cv5! Can you provide any more details on the sound when pairing with the Atticus?

Mar 14, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #648 of 867
Hi Deutschemark, surely I will post more detailed info when back home, I am on a business trip for a few days more and the Atticus in not exactly "portable".
Back home I will run extensive listening sessions. I just had it for a few hours before leaving. First impression is really good, lots of details, soundstage as well excellent, no harshness at all, really a beautiful sound. Somehow the pair Atticus/CV5 reminds me the sound signature of my beloved Conrad Johnsons if I may risk the comparison.
A very musical rig 
happy_face1.gif

Alessandro

Mar 21, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #649 of 867
Just received the HD800 I'm powering them with the CV5. I'm really impressed with the synergy. Adds a bit of smoothness, plenty dynamics and only it's turned up only 1/3 of the way and its really loud.

Mar 21, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #650 of 867
6BF7 (green) tube is available on ALO Audio directly now. Not sure what is the differences between gold and green though, I have gold previously and is awaiting the green for arrival. :wink:

Mar 21, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #651 of 867
6BF7 (green) tube is available on ALO Audio directly now. Not sure what is the differences between gold and green though, I have gold previously and is awaiting the green for arrival.
wink.gif

I just got the green a few days ago, I was surprised it hadn't been mentioned here. It would be cool if Ken could put out some more info on this tube. Just going on the websites description it was an instant buy for me. Sound wise the tube is exactly as described, it definitely delivers pronounced bass. A very nice upgrade.

Mar 22, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #652 of 867

I just got the green a few days ago, I was surprised it hadn't been mentioned here. It would be cool if Ken could put out some more info on this tube. Just going on the websites description it was an instant buy for me. Sound wise the tube is exactly as described, it definitely delivers pronounced bass. A very nice upgrade.

That's interesting. I am using the Gold now. I will swap out with Green and hear any differences.
I believe Gold version cost more.

Mar 22, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #653 of 867

The gold sounds lovely, althought mine was broken now for some unknown reason. Well, tube lifespan is unpredictable after all. Hoping green will serve me better. :)

Apr 5, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #657 of 867
I am using vega as primary portable, you guys think cv5 or cDm for this iem, my source is iPad pro, which should I buy?

Hi,

I have both. CDM is more likely sit in the dust.

Modbil = CV5> iPod Touch or iPod Classic. Cheaper to do tube rolling ( 1 instead of 2 tubes ). I use CV5 > QP1R as well.
           = I believe CV5 is more powerful than CDM, holographic

Home = Hardly use CDM anymore.  Utopia > ALO Studio Six > Esoteric SACD/CD/DAC or VPI Classic I + Manley Chinook Phono PA

So, my CDM is lying there right now collecting dust.

Hope that helps.

Apr 6, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #659 of 867

Hi,

I have both. CDM is more likely sit in the dust.

Modbil = CV5> iPod Touch or iPod Classic. Cheaper to do tube rolling ( 1 instead of 2 tubes ). I use CV5 > QP1R as well.
           = I believe CV5 is more powerful than CDM, holographic

Home = Hardly use CDM anymore.  Utopia > ALO Studio Six > Esoteric SACD/CD/DAC or VPI Classic I + Manley Chinook Phono PA

So, my CDM is lying there right now collecting dust.

Hope that helps.

I agree with you. When I heard both side by side I personally liked the CV5 better and that's the one I purchased.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back