In-ear headphones recommendation for Astell & Kern AK70 DAP
Apr 29, 2017 at 5:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

dakchi

500+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I just have ordered the AK70. Now I have a big hesitation on the earphones that will go with it. I would like to buy in-ear headphones that will allow to get the best out of the AK70. I have shortlisted some in-ear: Audeze iSine 10, RHA T20, 1More E1001, Sennheiser Momentum. I know that they aren't at the same price tag, but I don't care as long as the sound is good and they are durable. I listen a lot to Jazz and vocals, so the mid and bass should be good. I am particularly curious about the Audeze which are the first in-ear Planar Magnetic. Any recommendation?

Many thanks

Apr 30, 2017 at 4:42 AM Post #2 of 2
Hi,

I just have ordered the AK70. Now I have a big hesitation on the earphones that will go with it. I would like to buy in-ear headphones that will allow to get the best out of the AK70. I have shortlisted some in-ear: Audeze iSine 10, RHA T20, 1More E1001, Sennheiser Momentum. I know that they aren't at the same price tag, but I don't care as long as the sound is good and they are durable. I listen a lot to Jazz and vocals, so the mid and bass should be good. I am particularly curious about the Audeze which are the first in-ear Planar Magnetic. Any recommendation?

Many thanks
I love how my AK70 works together with my Custom Art Ei.3, but those are custom IEMs and I wouldn't recommend going for customs unless you have auditioned them. One combination that worked very well, but is higher up in price is the Noble Sage. If you like warmer the Noble Dulce Bass, or colder the Savanna could also be good options. The Savanna is tuned for acoustic music, but I felt it lacked a bit of bass presence.

The AK70 is slightly warmer than neutral and I found that it helps to produce natural/realistic sounding instruments, which is great for Jazz. When you get it do give the "Pro" equaliser setting a try. It softens the highs a little bit and makes everything sound smoother and more realistic still.

Best advice, wait until you get it and go out to audition whatever you can. I was surprised how different IEMs sounded to what I expected them to sound like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back