Impressions of the Official Head-Fi Houston Fourth-of-July Weekend Meet: Saturday - July 2nd, 2016 @ Looscan Library
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 2, 2016 at 8:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 97

pbui44

Member of the Trade: Like-New Ears
Post your Impressions, Pictures, or anything else pertaining to the Official Head-Fi Houston Fourth-of-July Weekend Meet on Saturday - July 2nd, 2016 at Looscan Library! :)

Jul 2, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #4 of 97
Had to say I was blown away by the Ether C that sunneebear brought. Now I'm looking to buy one as well.

The pursuit of power is real.
L3000.gif

Jul 2, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #5 of 97
If anyone listened to the Audeze LCD-3 at the meet and wants to acquire one, I am selling mine which was purchased in March 2016.  Please see the link below for further information.  I live in Houston so you could check them out in person at a mutually convenient time/location.

I will sell for $1300 cash to local buyers.

Thanks.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/812634/audeze-lcd-3-with-fazor-like-new-mint-condition

Jul 2, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #6 of 97
I did not get any pictures but snellemin's bass head rig is crazy.  All of us got to sample his head kickin bass with Jimbob Andrews Alpha Prime.  Snellemin also had a dual driver JVC, I think the SZ2000, that thing was felt like it was bouncing on your head.

Jul 2, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #7 of 97
Was good fun, got to listen to a bunch of phones and setups and came away with purchase ideas, curse this new hobby!! My favorite had to be the the stax silver ones up in the picture above, hd800, Aria IEMs, and the ether c, cool to see high end amps+DACs they are gigantic in person and like small heaters lol. Really enjoyed myself, bratwurst and brisket was excellent.

Jul 2, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #10 of 97
Heh heh, snellemin had my face once I put on the Vibro Labs Aria IEMs and covered my ears, and a few minutes later. You designed your super-modifiable setup a whole lot. It really made those Aria IEMs sing. I mean "c'mon, Adele's recording room reverberations coming off a probably-sound-deadened wall?" The Arias are really detailed, especially for an IEM.

Jul 2, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #12 of 97
  Had to say I was blown away by the Ether C that sunneebear brought. Now I'm looking to buy one as well.

The pursuit of power is real.
L3000.gif

You had the BabyMetal album and the Grado's right? I forgot to ask but where would I be able to purchase those nice low-profile wood stands you had for the T1s and Grado? Interested in those smaller size ones.

Jul 2, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #13 of 97
Well, I was looking over ID tags and saw odanovich's, along with his friend's and a blank one I reserved for QwertyQmin and wondered why. I saw the original meet thread on what happened and I have to say that everything adds up together. There will be Houston meets in the future and we can always take our time. Besides, I don't know when there was ever a time when a public library was open on July 4th, any day of the week. :wink:

So the Ether E prototype was very different sounding from the one I heard during CanJam@SoCal a few months back...probably because of the KGSSHV Carbon and Yggy being hooked up to it. This one sounded more scale-able, making it tougher to drive than the SR007A next to it.

Yeah, I also wanted to hear the Anax-modded HD800 and see how the treble scaled back...but everyone kept wanting to hear it! I wonder what everyone thought of everything else as well, as I was busy setting up food and talking to others.

Oh, and I noticed a few people also listening to Ray LaMontagne - Hey, No Pressure with the Ether E prototype. Here is a really good live recording of that song:

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQq-g6Bn3-o[/VIDEO]

Jul 2, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #15 of 97
  You had the BabyMetal album and the Grado's right? I forgot to ask but where would I be able to purchase those nice low-profile wood stands you had for the T1s and Grado? Interested in those smaller size ones.

Yes, that was me. I got mine off Massdrop a while ago, you might have to wait until those come on sale again. The vendor however did mentioned he will sell the stands that failed QC test for $20 though.

Here is the link to the vendor's comment in the drop page
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/woodlab-royal-glam-headphone-stand/talk/436464

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back