IEM / Mojo-Poly suggestions for Airplanes
Jul 22, 2017 at 4:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

abirdie4me

100+ Head-Fier
I travel 40+ weeks a year for work and spend a lot of time in airports and airplanes. I currently use the Bose QC35s which work well for noise cancellation, but I want to move to IEM so that 1) my hair isn't a wreck at the end of the flight, 2) I can lean my head against wall and sleep, and 3) have a smaller packing profile, 4) not look like such a dork. I've read a bunch of good things about the QC20, but with active noise cancelling (ANC) there seems to be no point in an amp/dac (my current Mojo and future Poly). So, a couple of questions:

1. Since the airplane is going to be noisy no matter what, should I not worry about sound quality all that much? If this is the case, I might as well just go with QC20 straight out of my iPhone or iPad.
  2. Are there regular IEMs that are good for airplane use that would provide significantly better sound quality even with the noise of the airplane? I would run regular IEMs through the Mojo.
  3. If I went with the QC20, could I still use it with the Poly? Or would this be pointless?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back