iBasso DX200 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Apr 7, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #91 of 333
  Hi Paul,

did you notice my post ?

yours

Yes. I gave the information to my software team. There are a few things that can be changed but some can not.

* USB Dac mode doesn't work: the sound is completely distorted when i try to play music from my computer.
----We don't have this problem and have tested it extensively.

* When i play music on a Bluetooth device, only 44khz files are working. when i try to play a file with a higher rate the app is stopping playback or is going forward a few seconds in the song randomly
----It is bluetooth, which only can take 44kHz streaming.  Our player is bit for bit.

Is it possible to disable Digital filter ? if i'm not wrong we can only choose between the 7 filters but we can't disable them completely
----This is impossible. If no filter is used then there would be a great deal of generated noise heard.

* locked screen widget should be bigger and have music control buttons
---We have side physical buttons.

* setting lock screen to none doesn't work
---This is being worked on and will be corrected in an upcoming FW release.

To answer a few of the questions.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 9, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #93 of 333

Same here (2.1.94). Random reproduction of a folder (disc) selected in the Directory and played in track order (parallel arrows).

Did a factory reset and random reproduction continues. All files are numbered in their proper order.

Also, there is garbage albums in the album area of All Music, but this bug appeared in previous versions as well.

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #94 of 333

Same here (2.1.94). Random reproduction of a folder (disc) selected in the Directory and played in track order (parallel arrows).

Did a factory reset and random reproduction continues. All files are numbered in their proper order.

Also, there is garbage albums in the album area of All Music, but this bug appeared in previous versions as well.

Our software team are working on this.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 9, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #95 of 333
I think I have found something that was overlooked. IDK this might not be a big of a problem for some people.

DX200 does not have a autostop or stop when no headphone is detected function.

Say Tidal is playing a song. Now when you remove the headphone jack, the song keeps running until forever until you manually stop it. This creates a problem that the device gets very hot if the song is playing and no headphone is connected. I feel that when you disconnect a headphone, the device should stop playback to avoid overheating issues.

Next, say the device is in USB DAC when in Mango mode. If you disconnect the USB cable from the DX200, the device stays in USB DAC mode and this drains a lot of battery if left like this. I feel the device should come out of USB DAC mode when the cable is disconnected.

Apr 9, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #97 of 333

DX200 does not have a autostop or stop when no headphone is detected function.

It doesn't work for third party apps but it works in mango player. Mango os and android.

IMO it should work with third party apps too. It causes the device to overheat way too much.

Apr 9, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #100 of 333
Hey @Paul - iBasso

Firmware: v.2.1.94

unfortunately i still got random messages that launcher3 crashed and when i am charging my device (just charging, no music playback) it restarts every 5-10 minutes, constantly!

i did a factory reset but nothing helps.

My workaround for Launcher3 crashing is to install 3rd party app called Nova.

I do not get crashing Launcher3 though Mango player still errors with sudden stops.

See if this works for you/anyone.

I made the icons bigger and app title gone too. Simplicity.

Apr 10, 2017 at 3:01 AM Post #101 of 333
I am keeping my DX200 minimalistic. Just Tidal installed.

Apr 10, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #102 of 333

Is it possible to disable Digital filter ? if i'm not wrong we can only choose between the 7 filters but we can't disable them completely
----This is impossible. If no filter is used then there would be a great deal of generated noise heard.

could you give us information about those filters ? i don't understand what they do and how to choose one.

Apr 10, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #103 of 333

Our software team are working on this.

Hello Paul

I think there is a bug.

FW: 2.1.94

USB cable provided with DX200 works for charging and data transfer (using Mac 10.12.4 - Retina MacBook Pro mid 2012), while another USB Type C cable from quality provider  (Rock cable RCB0413, USB 3.0 data cable, up to 3A current, here https://www.amazon.com/ROCK-Type-C-Fast-Charging-Cable/dp/B01CHYWDY2) just charges, does not work for data transfer.

Thanks.

Apr 10, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #104 of 333
Firmware v.2.1.94

Selecting an album to play in native Mango OS, tracks still often play out of order... even though track file names start with track number, and track number is embedded in meta data. 

Experiencing same issue for FW 2.1.94 where even though file names are numbered 01. 02. Etc., tagging is properly done and albums all sorted into individual folders, the sequence of songs just jumbles up. Issue still persists after rebooting. Tried factory reset of both android OS and mango OS.

After the mango OS factory reset, the mango OS somehow reverted to FW1.6 without the play sequence issue (maybe it wasn't updated at all?). Seems like a temporary solution to the play sequence issues, so I'll wait for the new bugfix :)

Apr 12, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #105 of 333
Firmware: 2.1.94
Bug Found in: Android mode
Issue Description: If I pressed physical play button to pause the song when device is asleep, after few seconds, pressed physical play button again it won't resume. Need to turn on the screen so that physical play button work again. Reproducible every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back