iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Mar 30, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #13,447 of 13,503
  Thanks it worked a treat for me . But for that price $57 , I'm out

OK Found it - but £57 ($71); When I've had a drink or two, maybe
popcorn.gif

Jun 20, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #13,448 of 13,503
Hi all, i'm considering to buy a used HDP R10 but the battery need to be changed. It make some time I search and only fall on this:
https://www.yoycart.com/Product/525315661853/

Since it's a 4800mah Polymer battery, is there any other place we can buy it? At less than 50$ it will be a plus too.

Oh, and to know I don't get a dead unit, wich it will be on arrival, did the player stop working when battery is dead? Even when it's plugged?

Thanks for some answer cause i'm quite unsure about this even it the price is ultra cheap.

Jun 20, 2017 at 9:04 PM Post #13,450 of 13,503
Thanks guys for your answer, really appreciate it....but I finally let it go on Ebay cause it was 77$ and finally go up 200$....still a good deal I guess but it was too risky and battery sincerly look complicate to find! (And there a little risk that the DX100 is plain dead too)

Hum, but i'm still very intrigued by how it sound...as it's the same nice clean DAC that the DX90 that I own, is it really sounding different than the line out trough a good amp??? Like REALLY?

Jun 21, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #13,451 of 13,503
Forgot to unsub on this thread (which I normally do when I don't own something anymore). But I've had the DX50/80/90&100 for quite some time.

To me (my ears) it was clear that the DX100 sq was performing on a higher level than the other 3. For my preference the DX90s signature was also too bright, didn't like it that much.
DX100 had more body, details, black background and an amazing soundstage width. It was really capable of getting me involved into the music...such a sweet sound :)

Don't know about the DX90 vs DX100 DAC part, as I've only used the DX90 line out with an amp (Pico Power at that time).
The DX100 was such a 'powerhouse' that I never felt the need of using an extra amp in the first place. Although I mainly listen with (c)iems, it could drive my headphones with ease and authority.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #13,452 of 13,503
Forgot to unsub on this thread (which I normally do when I don't own something anymore). But I've had the DX50/80/90&100 for quite some time.

To me (my ears) it was clear that the DX100 sq was performing on a higher level than the other 3. For my preference the DX90s signature was also too bright, didn't like it that much.
DX100 had more body, details, black background and an amazing soundstage width. It was really capable of getting me involved into the music...such a sweet sound :)

Don't know about the DX90 vs DX100 DAC part, as I've only used the DX90 line out with an amp (Pico Power at that time).
The DX100 was such a 'powerhouse' that I never felt the need of using an extra amp in the first place. Although I mainly listen with (c)iems, it could drive my headphones with ease and authority.

Well, both use ES9018 but DAC isn't all, still, I was thinking trough line out sound would be kind of the same for both....DX90 have so much different firmware that have an impact on soundsignature...now I listen to it with rockbox and find it terrible, very veiled comparatively stock firmware. Anyway, DX100 look incredible, if only it was battery changeable like DX90-50 (one of my favorite feature that no other DAP are willing to do)...Thanks for feedback!

Jun 21, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #13,453 of 13,503
Well, both use ES9018 but DAC isn't all, still, I was thinking trough line out sound would be kind of the same for both....DX90 have so much different firmware that have an impact on soundsignature...now I listen to it with rockbox and find it terrible, very veiled comparatively stock firmware. Anyway, DX100 look incredible, if only it was battery changeable like DX90-50 (one of my favorite feature that no other DAP are willing to do)...Thanks for feedback!
As far as I remember, the DX100 used the (more powerfull) desktop version of the ES9018 instead of the K2M (DX90) version.

I also really(!) liked the changeable battery option on the 50&90 :thumbsup:
Besides that I liked the big buttons on front (easy to handle, even with the dap in your pocket) of these daps, which the DX100 also missed.

You're welcome!
:beers:

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #13,455 of 13,503
....also having a problem updating the ibasso firmware. I'm putting the .img file into the root directory of the dx100 drive and disconnecting the USB connection, but the device doesn't go through the update process. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back