IBasso Audio IT03
Jul 14, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #2,656 of 3,344
Jul 14, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #2,657 of 3,344
eager to read some impressions about t4 tomorrow at canjam
Absolutely +1

The day after tomorrow would also be fine though :wink:

Jul 15, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #2,660 of 3,344
Just got back from CanJam, had a brief listen to the IT04s. I'm pretty new to this mad/fantastic hobby so forgive me for not giving a detailed first impression. I used my own DX200 so I could get a real comparison to my IT03s. They sound very similar to the 03s as you might imagine, but with a more complete sound. The mids seem to be more forward and the treble had a bit more sparkle about it. Not too sure about any difference in the bass department, very similar to the 03s. The fit is similar to the 03, still with that little lug that kind of slots into your ear and with the CB13 cable, I had to keep trying to get them to sit nicely so I could concentrate on the sound. That CB13 is much thicker and heavier than the CB12, so getting it to sit over your ear without tugging on the 03 will take a bit of fiddling about. Something I'm sure you get mastered with a little more time. Overall, like the 03, a great sounding iem and would I buy them? Yes I would. Only problem is, I ended up chatting with Layman1 about other things and forgot to ask how much they will be selling for. I'm sure the price will be posted on here anytime now. It was great to meet Layman1 and Amy(the American guy) really nice guys and helpful. Be great to meet them again in the future. It was my first CanJam and I felt like a kid in Wllly Wonkas chocolate factory, I under stand now why you would buy a weekend ticket.thats what I'll be doing next time round. Once again, I apologise for my short and sketchy impression. Hopefully Layman1 could do the IT04 more justice than myself, thanks

Jul 15, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #2,661 of 3,344
Just got back from CanJam, had a brief listen to the IT04s. I'm pretty new to this mad/fantastic hobby so forgive me for not giving a detailed first impression. I used my own DX200 so I could get a real comparison to my IT03s. They sound very similar to the 03s as you might imagine, but with a more complete sound. The mids seem to be more forward and the treble had a bit more sparkle about it. Not too sure about any difference in the bass department, very similar to the 03s. The fit is similar to the 03, still with that little lug that kind of slots into your ear and with the CB13 cable, I had to keep trying to get them to sit nicely so I could concentrate on the sound. That CB13 is much thicker and heavier than the CB12, so getting it to sit over your ear without tugging on the 03 will take a bit of fiddling about. Something I'm sure you get mastered with a little more time. Overall, like the 03, a great sounding iem and would I buy them? Yes I would. Only problem is, I ended up chatting with Layman1 about other things and forgot to ask how much they will be selling for. I'm sure the price will be posted on here anytime now. It was great to meet Layman1 and Amy(the American guy) really nice guys and helpful. Be great to meet them again in the future. It was my first CanJam and I felt like a kid in Wllly Wonkas chocolate factory, I under stand now why you would buy a weekend ticket.thats what I'll be doing next time round. Once again, I apologise for my short and sketchy impression. Hopefully Layman1 could do the IT04 more justice than myself, thanks

Amy, the American guy?!? :D

Jul 16, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #2,663 of 3,344
The guys name is John, somehow his pass had Amy on it and it was a bit of fun that I think John decided to run with it and have some fun with everyone. Cool guy, I'll look forward to meeting him again in the future
Hmmm, maybe he got inspired by that legendary Johnny Cash song: 'A Boy Named Sue Amy' :grin:

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #2,666 of 3,344
Jul 20, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #2,668 of 3,344
Wow for the IT03 :O

Very quick A/B with the Heir Audio 10.0 (10 drivers) and InEar ProPhile 8 (8 drivers) and they're "almost" there. Powerful bass like the Heir 10.0, forward mids ala 10.0, brighter treble, similar soundstage width, not much distant separation. I prefer the IT03 over the ProPhile-8. For a triple driver this is outstanding performance.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #2,669 of 3,344
Got a set of these it03 to see what all the fuss is about, they are better than the Oriveti primacy new and old, Rha t20i, just as good if not better than Flc8s.
The overall soundstage is clearer and more spatial the sub bass is very good and the fit and accessories is second to none.

Now another question to up the game from the it03 is the andromeda or vega worth a shot or is it a case of more money outlay for diminishing returns???

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #2,670 of 3,344
Got a set of these it03 to see what all the fuss is about, they are better than the Oriveti primacy new and old, Rha t20i, just as good if not better than Flc8s.
The overall soundstage is clearer and more spatial the sub bass is very good and the fit and accessories is second to none.

And i got them for half rrp so under £150GBP !!!!!!! bargain

Now another question to up the game from the it03 is the andromeda or vega worth a shot or is it a case of more money outlay for diminishing returns???

Well, iBasso has IT04 coming out (probably within the month). Going to be a 4-way hybrid (1 DD, 3 BA). Supposedly more 'reference'. A few impressions were posted following London CanJam, where iBasso had demos available. Pricing has not been announced, or even alluded to. It;s been assumed that the price will be <= $400. Just a guess, but they might be 'worth a shot' as you say.

As far as the two CA choices, they're are reported to be completely different animals. In some senses, there's a bit of a parallel: Vega/Adromeda == IT03/IT04 (presumably, based on brief impressions of the 04).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back