I am looking for headphones for £30 $40- £50 good/excellent Sound quality?
Jul 14, 2017 at 4:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Farhanc

New Head-Fier
Hello I am looking for new headphones as the padding on my old headphones is pealing .

What I am looking for is headphones with good/excellent sound quality for around £30/$40?

There are so many makes and manufactures some well known established brands and others which known to be each claiming to be good .
I am confused ?

Any help appreciated on getting my new headphones .

Yours

Farhan.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #2 of 29
If you can find a pair of Audio Technica M30X, that's pretty good for the price. They're quite clear and very balanced so the bass won't ever be too overpowering, and the highs won't ever become annoying. You might have to find a used pair depending on the price. In the states they go for 50USD /38 quid. They don't need an amp and they're very tough and durable. They also fold tightly and include a nice carrying bag. Good luck finding something!

Jul 15, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #3 of 29
If you can find a pair of Audio Technica M30X, that's pretty good for the price. They're quite clear and very balanced so the bass won't ever be too overpowering, and the highs won't ever become annoying. You might have to find a used pair depending on the price. In the states they go for 50USD /38 quid. They don't need an amp and they're very tough and durable. They also fold tightly and include a nice carrying bag. Good luck finding something!
Hello Cossix I saw at Argos Audio-Techinca ATH-AX3iS £33.99 black, red ones £65.00

Any thoughts ?

Yours

Farhan

Jul 17, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #7 of 29
Hello I am looking for new headphones as the padding on my old headphones is pealing .

What I am looking for is headphones with good/excellent sound quality for around £30/$40?

There are so many makes and manufactures some well known established brands and others which known to be each claiming to be good .
I am confused ?

Any help appreciated on getting my new headphones .

Yours

Farhan.

On ear, over ear? What cans do you have? Did you like them?

Brands offering some good stuff in your price range are:
Beyerdynamic
Sennheiser
Koss
Creative

and more

Jul 17, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #8 of 29
On ear, over ear? What cans do you have? Did you like them?

Brands offering some good stuff in your price range are:
Beyerdynamic
Sennheiser
Koss
Creative

and more

Hello my last headphones where some advent headphones with a microphone .
What I want is something with good sound quality .
I don't want in-ear headphones over the ear.

I listen to all types of music from metal , rap rock, 80's 60's jazz and I listen to the radio as well on my current headphones .
My budget is £30 but could go a bit higher(£45) if the extra expense means I get better sound quality .

Any help appreciated
Yours

Farhan

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #9 of 29
I second the Koss KTXPRO1. It is easily the best budget set you'll find in regards to sound IMO. they may look flimsy or strange even, but I can't see anyone disliking the sound. it is so open and balanced and doesn't lack in detail. One of my guilty pleasures.

Jul 17, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #10 of 29
You are better looking on Amazon for a Warehouse set, something 'like-new'. You'll find Shure SRH440 on sale quite often or the Creative Aurvana Live!

As i said, I'd still seriously look in to the Koss KTXPro1 though if sound is important. They have an excellent warranty to.

Jul 17, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #11 of 29
the Sony MDR 10RC is a pretty nice headphone for this sort of money

Still available on Amazon UK

Jul 18, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #12 of 29
You are better looking on Amazon for a Warehouse set, something 'like-new'. You'll find Shure SRH440 on sale quite often or the Creative Aurvana Live!

As i said, I'd still seriously look in to the Koss KTXPro1 though if sound is important. They have an excellent warranty to.

Would sound driver matter ? Some headphones have 40MM other don't say or are less .

Would audiophile level headphone be out of my price range of up £50?

Yours

Farhan

Jul 18, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #13 of 29
Would sound driver matter ? Some headphones have 40MM other don't say or are less .

Would audiophile level headphone be out of my price range of up £50?

The size of the driver has an influence on the sound, but does not determine it.

I prefer the KTXPRO1 over quite a few much more expensive audiophile headphones, though it's usually not "technically" as good.

Jul 19, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #14 of 29
The size of the driver has an influence on the sound, but does not determine it.

I prefer the KTXPRO1 over quite a few much more expensive audiophile headphones, though it's usually not "technically" as good.

What prices would audiophile headphones start from?

Also what technical specifications should I look for on deciding my headphones.

What are good makes to go for excluding Sony , JVC Panasonic and the other well known manufacturers ?
Yours

Farhan

Jul 19, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #15 of 29
Philips SHL3300 Headphone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back