HTC 11 (aka HTC U 11)
Jul 24, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #482 of 501
i too want to go to the store to check out the 11 and see how that shina back looks in person.

Still would not buy this phone over the 10. Really stupid of HTC to just blindly follow apple like that. Apple can get away with this because they have a huge sheep following i guess hTC does too considering their increase in sales.

wish i could check out the 4k hdr screen on the xzp in person.

Jul 24, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #483 of 501
i too want to go to the store to check out the 11 and see how that shina back looks in person.

Still would not buy this phone over the 10. Really stupid of HTC to just blindly follow apple like that. Apple can get away with this because they have a huge sheep following i guess hTC does too considering their increase in sales.

wish i could check out the 4k hdr screen on the xzp in person.

Well I dunno about sheep, but I guess not all people care about the dongle thing as much as we do. Honestly, if that was the ONLY issue I had with the U11, I'd most likely have upgraded my 10 to it. I mean if it was smaller and not glass-backed, and same or better headphone audio (still not 100% sure on this either), then I might've upgraded. I dunno. I'm kinda used to having a device or an "in-between thing" to deal with anyway from my Oppo HA-2 days (almost 2 years), so it's not a big issue for me. I also know that there's a chance the next phone I get (not sure it will be HTC, just b/c who can predict anything these days? lol) may not have great audio, so I MAY end up having to get another amp/DAC device again. Though this time it would very likely be the VERY portable AudioQuest DragonFly Red vs. another Oppo device. But hopefully either Sony pulls its head out of its a$$ in 2018 or HTC makes a smaller flagship next year. Since neither is guaranteed, we shall see. I may just keep my 10 for another year too, but not sure about that either. Way too soon to tell.

Yeah me too. Aren't ANY U.S. stores selling it? Best Buy??

Jul 24, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #484 of 501
Well I dunno about sheep, but I guess not all people care about the dongle thing as much as we do. Honestly, if that was the ONLY issue I had with the U11, I'd most likely have upgraded my 10 to it. I mean if it was smaller and not glass-backed, and same or better headphone audio (still not 100% sure on this either), then I might've upgraded. I dunno. I'm kinda used to having a device or an "in-between thing" to deal with anyway from my Oppo HA-2 days (almost 2 years), so it's not a big issue for me. I also know that there's a chance the next phone I get (not sure it will be HTC, just b/c who can predict anything these days? lol) may not have great audio, so I MAY end up having to get another amp/DAC device again. Though this time it would very likely be the VERY portable AudioQuest DragonFly Red vs. another Oppo device. But hopefully either Sony pulls its head out of its a$$ in 2018 or HTC makes a smaller flagship next year. Since neither is guaranteed, we shall see. I may just keep my 10 for another year too, but not sure about that either. Way too soon to tell.

Yeah me too. Aren't ANY U.S. stores selling it? Best Buy??
if you care about it that much just get an inexpensive DAP or the dragonfly.

best buy does sell it but its not on display which actually is really perplexing even cheap chinese phones are on display but not sony phones?

Jul 24, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #485 of 501
if you care about it that much just get an inexpensive DAP or the dragonfly.

best buy does sell it but its not on display which actually is really perplexing even cheap chinese phones are on display but not sony phones?

Well I'd RATHER just have it connected directly to my phone like with the 10, but if the phone is just AMAZING overall and at some point I will NEED to upgrade, then I'd consider using a dongle. Right now I don't need that b/c the 10 is a TRUE audiophile phone that matched if not outdid my former $299 Oppo HA-2. But yes, in the future I will consider getting the DragonFly Red IF necessary. Though that would mean needing TWO dongles if the phone is like the U11's setup. We'll see. lol

Really? Ok. Yeah I've seen previous Xperia phones on display there like my old Xperia X Performance. But not all are on display. The one by me MAY have it on display as each store is different. When I have time I'll maybe stop by there and check. So annoying that HTC and Sony phones are so hard to get your hands on to check out in a store in the U.S. Really tired of it.

Aug 2, 2017 at 4:32 AM Post #488 of 501
I bought the MDR 1000x and paired it with my U11. Sound good but sending them back. Volume is probably the same as the U11 3.5mm adaptor which means loud songs are fine but quiet songs = not enough headroom to make them loud enough. Can't justify spending £300 on a wireless headphone when 40% of my library is sub par volume wise lol. There's also the fact that they didn't sound that much better than my M50x. Still, the noise cancelling feature works really well. I'll miss them, but not enough to keep them.

Aug 2, 2017 at 6:18 AM Post #489 of 501
I bought the MDR 1000x and paired it with my U11. Sound good but sending them back. Volume is probably the same as the U11 3.5mm adaptor which means loud songs are fine but quiet songs = not enough headroom to make them loud enough. Can't justify spending £300 on a wireless headphone when 40% of my library is sub par volume wise lol. There's also the fact that they didn't sound that much better than my M50x. Still, the noise cancelling feature works really well. I'll miss them, but not enough to keep them.

Interesting. So which headphones are you looking at next?

So you were connecting them wirelessly or wired??

Aug 2, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #490 of 501
Interesting. So which headphones are you looking at next?

So you were connecting them wirelessly or wired??

Wirelessly, didn't even bother trying wired. Would've been using the same adaptor which struggles with my iems let alone headphones.

I'm not looking at anything now. Just going to settle and use the USonic headphones. They are really V shaped but I enjoy bass. My music taste requires it (hip hop, rnb, EDM, dnb, grime).

The adaptor isn't good enough volume wise so no matter how good the wired headphone is, chances are there won't be enough headroom volume wise. Regarding Bluetooth, I can't think of any that are exceptionally loud to once again, cover the different volume range my music has.

My S7 Edge modded was perfect in that regard. More than enough headroom for quiet songs. I've tried modding the U11 but can only get a decent increase on the USonic headphones. The adaptor to be fair is actually very loud when using UAPP but I'm not about to try and source 7k songs and put them on my phone when Spotify is at the tip of my fingers.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2017 at 4:12 AM Post #491 of 501
Wirelessly, didn't even bother trying wired. Would've been using the same adaptor which struggles with my iems let alone headphones.

I'm not looking at anything now. Just going to settle and use the USonic headphones. They are really V shaped but I enjoy bass. My music taste requires it (hip hop, rnb, EDM, dnb, grime).

The adaptor isn't good enough volume wise so no matter how good the wired headphone is, chances are there won't be enough headroom volume wise. Regarding Bluetooth, I can't think of any that are exceptionally loud to once again, cover the different volume range my music has.

My S7 Edge modded was perfect in that regard. More than enough headroom for quiet songs. I've tried modding the U11 but can only get a decent increase on the USonic headphones. The adaptor to be fair is actually very loud when using UAPP but I'm not about to try and source 7k songs and put them on my phone when Spotify is at the tip of my fingers.

Oh ok.

Have you tried enabling DVC in Powermap (assuming you even use Poweramp)?

I C. Ok. As long as you're happy with 'em.

So you're saying the headphone volume on the U11 is actually LESS than the 10's?? That's a first if true (of me hearing about it)!

Yeah. Though it depends how good the quality is of your music too. Spotify sounds good but to me it's still basically mp3-based, which simply means its music is based off a lesser master. When I compare it to my CD-Quality and esp Hi-Res tracks, it never sounds as good. So I only really use it maybe at parties (BT to speaker) or else more often I'll use it to preview an album I'm thinking of buying before I buy it in CDQ or Hi-Res. But if your 7K songs are all mp3s, then I guess it doesn't matter.

Aug 3, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #492 of 501
Oh ok.

Have you tried enabling DVC in Powermap (assuming you even use Poweramp)?

I C. Ok. As long as you're happy with 'em.

So you're saying the headphone volume on the U11 is actually LESS than the 10's?? That's a first if true (of me hearing about it)!

Yeah. Though it depends how good the quality is of your music too. Spotify sounds good but to me it's still basically mp3-based, which simply means its music is based off a lesser master. When I compare it to my CD-Quality and esp Hi-Res tracks, it never sounds as good. So I only really use it maybe at parties (BT to speaker) or else more often I'll use it to preview an album I'm thinking of buying before I buy it in CDQ or Hi-Res. But if your 7K songs are all mp3s, then I guess it doesn't matter.

I only use Spotify so that collection of 7k songs I'm talking about is pretty much what I listen to on Spotify in extreme mode. I used to get individual songs and albums etc but I don't have the time to try and source everything. With Spotify I can just hunt through genres at a whim and add what I like to a playlist etc.

A lot of people told me to try out the the BW P7 Wireless since it's quite warm and apparently a very loud Bluetooth headphone, which will nullify the issued I had with the 1000x volume level. Just ordered them and they'll be arriving tomorrow so here's hoping I like them.

It's hard to describe the U11 volume since there aren't many USB C headphones on the market. If you use the included USonic ANC headphones then yes, you have more than enough volume to play with (I dare not go past 75-80% even on quiet tracks). Connect a set of headphones/iems to that 3.5mm adaptor however and volume drops around 20-25%

The HTC10 can deliver around 0.995-1 vrms whilst the U11 3.5mm adaptor delivers around 0.8 vrms

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #493 of 501
http://htcsource.com/2017/08/q2-num...to-return-htc-to-profitability/#comment-84536

That’s what happens when you make your phone a “Sprint Exclusive”. It should’ve been available through ALL 4 major U.S. carriers. It’s not enough to just sell it through Sprint and the HTC.com website (in addition to Best Buy), etc. People go to carrier stores to check out phones. Not really so much technology stores like Best Buy.

Sep 23, 2017 at 12:53 AM Post #495 of 501
So, can anyone tell me if the HTC U11 sounds better than the HTC 10? Thank you!

That's a tough one. lol The reviews I've read overall seem to indicate that the U11 sounds AT LEAST as good as the 10 does. So overall you have to ask yourself what you're looking for and then proceed from there. If the missing headphone jack is an issue for you, then get the 10. If the larger "phablet" size of the U11 is an issue, then get the 10. But if neither are an issue, then the U11 is probably better overall considering the TOP-RATED camera and Edge Sense features of the phone as well. Speakers-wise it's supposed to be better from what I've read, or at least louder for sure. HTC claims this is because of the removal of the headphone jack.

Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back