HOW DO YOU DELETE PRIVATE MESSAGES??????
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 4, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #2 of 15
you click on leave private message.

Aug 4, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #3 of 15
you click on leave private message.

Can you explain this? I don't follow you

Edit: apparently on the desktop version of the site, there is indeed a link that says Leave Message that, after a pointless dialog box, will indeed delete the message from your inbox.

I never in a million years would have guessed that "leave" = "delete". Um. What. That is so random and mystifying. [Good] website design ought to make things clear and intuitive, but no...

In what country or culture in the world would people understand that? Completely baffling. What's more, here are the completely incorrect Official directions courtesy of head-fi itself:

Delete private messages

• Navigate to your message center.
  • You have two options to delete a message. At the top of each message thread, you will see an "X." Click the X to delete the message without viewing the entire thread.
  • You can also delete the message by clicking the "Delete" button at the bottom of the expanded thread.countr

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #4 of 15
If you go to the main Private Messages area (by clicking the envelope next to your user name at the top-right of the forum, you hit the checkbox next to the "thread" of private messages and it opens a pop-up. In that pop-up, there is a drop-menu, in there, you choose "leave private message" then hit go.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #5 of 15
If you go to the main Private Messages area (by clicking the envelope next to your user name at the top-right of the forum, you hit the checkbox next to the "thread" of private messages and it opens a pop-up. In that pop-up, there is a drop-menu, in there, you choose "leave private message" then hit go.

Wait so can you do a batch delete? Nothing you describe is on the website I get. I only get Leave Message in the actual message, so you have to go through one by one, which is so onerous I've already given up trying

Aug 4, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #6 of 15
YEs you cab do batch delete or batch leave messages. You click view all messages. Then it brings up check boxes and allows you to edit and select all messages.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #8 of 15
Um when
Are you using Android, or Windows, or other? And what browser? Because I don't get the check boxes on Android / Chrome
Um when I use chrome on android I sure do. Just installed it and tried it. I usually use firefox on both winbdows and android, but used chrome just now on both and both had the boxes to check.

Sep 23, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #9 of 15
Don't see a delete option on my account either.

NSEPAZB.png

Sep 23, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #10 of 15
Click on leave private message.

Sep 23, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #12 of 15
once you select the box next to that message then select leave private message that message disappears.

Sep 23, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #13 of 15
I did the leave private message again, then it gave me two rather weird choices: 1) accept new replies, 2) ignore new replies. Option 2 is supposedly the equivalent of delete, although it comes with the extra caveat that if someone ever tries to reply to that "deleted" thread, you'll never see it.

In any case, thanks. At least I understand how it works now, even if it is rather wonky.

Sep 23, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #14 of 15
the first option deletes the conversion but allows it to be revived if someone replies to it in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back