Houston meets?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 29, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #2 of 39
Well, we just had a meet last month, but we will have one next year. We are trying to look at different venues, as HPL limits attendance by their policies. In the meantime, I will send you a PM.

Dec 2, 2017 at 12:47 AM Post #8 of 39
Hey! I'm in Cypress area as well. I recall we had a meet maybe 2 years ago at this point where there was a ton of gear, so definitely people are here, seems to be issues with venue I suppose. It may make sense to try and get some other method to notify and keep tabs on people for meeting up, seems like I missed the last get together because I haven't been active on Head-fi for a bit :triportsad:

Feb 14, 2018 at 12:47 AM Post #10 of 39
I'm down for a meet up in Houston. I don't have a lot of stuff, mostly Chi-FI stuff but nonetheless, might be interesting to some.

May 5, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #14 of 39
In regards to the next Houston meet, I was planning to have someone set it up at a nice venue...but with Hurricane Harvey still leaving a problematic wake in the area and many businesses closing/opening in various places, I think it will be at an HPL location again, but with someone else managing it, so we can get more people inside. However, we will take in vendors at a slower pace.

Why? One of the vendors that I was interested in bringing in, Austin-based Cavalli Audio, abruptly closed their doors last fall and left many customers out in the cold with many defective or dead units. This has made me more hesitant in allowing or recommending vendors. So those who want to help out in finding vendors or organizing different venues, just PM me about it. Of course, the words “spectator” and “volunteer” do not mean the same thing in any peer-reviewed dictionary, so that will remain the same for our meets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back