Home-Made IEMs
May 26, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #6,526 of 15,972
Hey guys,

Just a thought, has anyone tried vinyl-wrapping (like on cars ala Yiannimize) their IEMs and then sealing it with UV lacquer or UV gel to make it skin-safe? Theoretically, one could achieve a full carbon fiber IEM ala JH Audio/Jomo, among other finishes, but I was wondering if anyone here has tried it to test its practicality.

Thanks!

May 26, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #6,527 of 15,972
Hey guys,

Just a thought, has anyone tried vinyl-wrapping (like on cars ala Yiannimize) their IEMs and then sealing it with UV lacquer or UV gel to make it skin-safe? Theoretically, one could achieve a full carbon fiber IEM ala JH Audio/Jomo, among other finishes, but I was wondering if anyone here has tried it to test its practicality.

Thanks!

I've done that for faceplates and it's worked fairly well, but I think the shells are too small and too complicated to get a good wrap on them. Even when heated, vinyl can't stretch to that degree.

May 26, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #6,529 of 15,972
Hello everyone.
I own "ED29689" and "CI22955".
I would like to copy "JH Audio JH5 pro".

Please tell me the capacitor I should use.
Please tell me which half coil or full coil should be connected.

The shell has already been completed.

Postscript
This is my blog.
custom IEM diy mania

kU1VhyW.jpg

May 26, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #6,530 of 15,972
Check out these impressions I'm working on, probably the most unique anatomy I've worked on. They won't be the prettiest outside the ear, but know one would tell with them in!!! Anyone else work on any ears similar to this??

IMG_2937.JPG

May 29, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #6,540 of 15,972
Guys, what kind of glue you use to fix the connectors and faceplates. My acrylic is exfoliateson the shell, superglue is fragile and can not withstand loads when connecting/disconnecting the cable. I tried the cheap Chinese glue (Loco 1000), but it must be used in a thin layer, it does not harden completely when I try to attach the connector on the shell. Yomogi, with your permission, steal explaining the picture.
Future projects plan to use epoxy resin. Or try another UV glue. Kafuter K-3022 for example. And what glues you use for different purposes?
custom_iem_mmcx2.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back