HIFIMAN HE560 vs Grado Reference Series RS2e
Jul 24, 2017 at 1:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Renato Fury

500+ Head-Fier
I intend to buy a headset worth up to $ 500 and these two have caught my attention but as I have no idea what a high fidelity sound is because where I live everything is expensive and I can only buy one, but To be more specific I like electronic music more but I'm not a headbass, even because I also like instrumental music, rock, movie soundtracks and some other more varied genres, so I would like you to do a quick summary or More detailed if they want between them and which suits more to my taste, thank you already.

Jul 25, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #2 of 6
If you said you wanted something strictly for guitar driven rock/metal id suggest the Grado,but since you brought up electronic music I'd recommend the HE-560 between the two options.

Jul 26, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #3 of 6
If you said you wanted something strictly for guitar driven rock/metal id suggest the Grado,but since you brought up electronic music I'd recommend the HE-560 between the two options.
I also want a headphone to listen to rock and other genres despite my focus being EDM, but what does the HE560 offer that RS2e does not offer ?

Jul 26, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #4 of 6
A bit more bottom end and a more all-around sound...

grados have a way of making guitars sound great,but the rest of the sound signature isnt to everyone's liking.

Jul 26, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #5 of 6
Two totally different headphones. Like said before if you want rock headphones the RS2se would fit that great. I would have to have a pad swap to the G pads myself but they are pretty good. The 560's are just a all around better headphone .

Jul 26, 2017 at 11:28 PM Post #6 of 6
I also want a headphone to listen to rock and other genres despite my focus being EDM, but what does the HE560 offer that RS2e does not offer ?

HE560 is flatter but reaches deeper into the bass; RS2e boosts the upper bass region then rolls off sooner. You'll hear full spectrum on any music better on the HE560 but no exaggerated boost; the RS2e can have a tendency to make some bass drum hits (AC/DC for example) seem harder and more satisfying, but listen to electronic and the bass hit will sound more like a loud bass drum THUD!!! than getting a lower volume but more apt "bwoom-bwoom-bwoom."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back