Headphones for office
Jun 23, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #16 of 23
amp is just a new experience, i've newer used it,just want to compare sound between "headphones with amp" and "headphones without amp".
I personally think you should spend that money allocated for the amp to fund better headphones but sure, I'm not against trying new things but it's at your expense obviously :).

Why do you dislike M50x?
Bloated bass, mids suck and they just sound bland too me. The M40x at half the price sounds better and is way cheaper. Obviously YMMV since this is just my opinion and there are people who like the M50x so don't just take my word for it, you should do a bit of research to see if they are for you.

As I undrstand you don't like Sony?
I don't like their "mid-high" end IEM because the ergonomics are disgustingly bad IMO, I don't like the sound of their cheaper "consumer based" products and overall, I think they overprice most of their products. If you ask me there are much better options at that price, but of course as with anything else I have said, this is my personal opinion.

I should also mention that I haven't heard any of the Sony headphone you listed above, what I've written above is just my experience with Sony in general.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2017 at 7:01 AM Post #17 of 23
Bloated bass, mids suck and they just sound bland too me. The M40x at half the price sounds better and is way cheaper. Obviously YMMV since this is just my opinion and there are people who like the M50x so don't just take my word for it, you should do a bit of research to see if they are for you.

i'll try them. Actually it's really difficult to choose new headphones after my ath-d700 :frowning2:

I don't like their "mid-high" end IEM because the ergonomics are disgustingly bad IMO, I don't like the sound of their cheaper "consumer based" products and overall, I think they overprice most of their products. If you ask me there are much better options at that price, but of course as with anything else I have said, this is my personal opinion.

I should also mention that I haven't heard any of the Sony headphone you listed above, what I've written above is just my experience with Sony in general.

I'll try them just to listen and find out what's they like.

I personally think you should spend that money allocated for the amp to fund better headphones but sure, I'm not against trying new things but it's at your expense obviously :).

I guess that dt 770 won't work with laptop without amp? Shure, It's better solution, I've only read that with amp sounds becomes more clear, thats why I decided to buy it))

Are there any other headphones compatible with usual office laptop like Lenovo e570? :)

Jun 23, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #18 of 23
I guess that dt 770 won't work with laptop without amp?
Probably not. It could but I doubt it. My general advice is to purchase the headphone first and if it doesn't work without the amp or DAC/Amp then you can always buy the amp or DAC/Amp later.
Are there any other headphones compatible with usual office laptop like Lenovo e570? :)
What would your budget be assuming you didn't buy an amp?

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #21 of 23
If you don't mind used you can get a V-Moda M100 for around that price.

i've found them on ebay used for 150$ and shipping to Russia 50$

I guess that shipping from USA will cost me lots of money:frowning2:

In my city they cost $340 new and no used :frowning2:

what's going on in the world, I've bought my ad700 5 years ago for $80....

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #22 of 23
hi again!

I've listened for Beyers 770, m50x and other headphones. I can say that beyers for me are with to high treble.

BEYERDYNAMIC CUSTOM ONE PRO for me were with a little flat sound

Sony mdr-1a were quiet fine but too much bass, it's not comfortable but treble is less then in 770's and it's ok.

I need something like sone mdr-1a but witout such bass.

About m50x you were right, they are awful :frowning2:

i guess it's easier to find another headphones for home for gaming and my ad700's take at work)

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #23 of 23
Here is one definitely worth buying. Priced $130 but you get aptX Bluetooth 4.0 for the extra $10. 32 ohm easy to drive. Why not try our new product: MOOH-BE00BT Beryllium Acoustic Bluetooth over-ear Headphone? https://www.amazon.com/Beryllium-headphone-high-speed-propagation-well-balanced/dp/B071HXD5RV/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1508832106&sr=8-1&keywords=mooh-be00bt. People love audio quality will be thrilled. Beryllium diaphragm. Well balanced frequency response. Enhanced both treble and bass acoustic. called by audiophiles the best purchase in RMAF'17. comfortable ear pads and long-term listening experience. Extreme Clarity. aptX, Bluetooth 4.0, 32 hours Bluetooth playtime, work over the cable when battery is dead, operate in both wired and Bluetooth mode while charging. More at www.mo-electronics.com

Who called it the best purchase in RMAF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back