HeadAmp Pico Upsampling USB DAC - Pre-Order Now at intro price
Oct 11, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #436 of 466
Quote:

Originally Posted by techenvy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i want one too , but wheree is the usb located and does anyone make pocket amps with optic outs or even regular analog outs???????

for my denon 7000 and wetone 3's

You questions are a little confusing, maybe a language barrier. The Pico DAC-only has a USB input to connect to your computer on one end, and analog outputs on the other end to connect to your amp.

Travagans Green is a USB DAC that has a headphone out (analog out), optical and coax digital output, and 5-watt speaker output. It does not not have an optical input, and the only analog out is the amplified headphone out and not a true line-out like the Pico DAC.

Oct 17, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #437 of 466
As previously reported in this thread, the Pico USB DAC can attach directly to the Gilmore Lite with RCA couplers and does so perfectly, as shown below. Note: the RCA coupling must be done via the Loop Out jacks instead of the Input, so as to not block the DC power cable. (And in this scenario, the Input jacks can be used as the Loop Out instead.)

gl-pico-x1.jpg

gl-pico-x2.jpg

Nov 4, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #441 of 466
I find that charging my Pico amp/dac with the diymod's LOD attached to the amp and diymod results to longer charge times. If I take the LOD off, the amp only charges for 10-15 minutes and then stops. I'm using the supplied ac adapter to charge it.

A bit new to this whole portable amp thing so wondering...is this normal?

Nov 17, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #443 of 466
I haven't tried this but according to the literature it only does 16bit. I was wondering myself though because i do have some 24 bit stuff. Maybe i will check it out later and repost.

Nov 19, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #448 of 466
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A Mac with iTunes will down-sample a 24/96 music file to 16/48 for a USB DAC like Pico nicely and very transparently.

I wish foobar2000 could do that. I can't play a 24/96 file through the Pico DAC to save my life even after 10 minutes of fiddling.
frown.gif

Nov 21, 2009 at 9:39 AM Post #450 of 466
Quote:

Originally Posted by padam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am using Foobar2000 and as I wrote before, just enable resampling...

Well I'll be gobsmacked. I have enabled it before, but it always the errors in my face, even when I tried to adjust its settings.

I tried it again just now, and it's working perfectly. Thanks for goading me on into trying it again.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back