Head Fi's Balanced Battalion
Oct 29, 2014 at 1:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 97

Makiah S

Sponsor: EarMen | HeadAmp
Member of the Trade: Bricasti Design
Formerly known as Mshenay
You know who you are, all your headphones have balanced connectors, your amps are the same. An every time you want to buy a new set of cans... you just have to factor the re-cable cost into it! 

We Head Fi's Balanced Battalion and it's roll call time guys!

So if you'd like to join please post some pics of your balanced gear, our goal here is to be the Go To spot for balanced gear! From Dacs to Amps down to the guy or girl making or balancing your headphone cable, we are here to help :3

That and feel free to share pics of your gorgeous cans, your lovely Nerutick XLR plugs and what ever else ya got! 

Silly me, yes yes big thanks to Paul for sending me the idea to start the thread! I'll get around to pics some time today 

Quote:
   Wow! that looks really nice.BTW you were right about running certain Headphones in a balanced Mode i tried my 650 with the BH SEX amp in balanced  what a difference.Oops! wrong thread supposed to be for balanced amp thread sorry folks.

My Senn Grado, Built by Joe Doe, cups by 7Keys Cable by @cCasper TFG

The HM901 Line out to my iBasso PB2 [that interconnector though xD 

The Loaner Senn Grado I got from Joe Amped out of my hm801 [now sold] 

Big up to Brian at BTG for this gorgeous Interconnect! The iBasso PB2 does a nice job Driving both my LA D5k and W1000X [at the same time balanced out] with no loss of head room 

My old LA D2k Before I sold her! Though I've got a LA D5k that should be here any day now

Another balanced cable from Brian at BTG, sadly though It's now oxidized and a little duller in color :/ 

The HiRose 6 pin side by side one of the MANY pairs of Switch Craft Mini 4pin XLRs I have 

Members
@Mshenay
@Paul Graham
@hifimanrookie 
@Sorensiim 
@i luvmusic 2
@Honkytime 
@fatcat28037

Oct 29, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #2 of 97
Im In! Well it was half my idea lol :p

Im here repping the small but growing iBasso/Hirose user group!
And you are so right, I always have to consider the costs of balancing whatever cans Im buying next, 
The budget is always higher than my wife would like lmao!

Oct 29, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #3 of 97
Im In! Well it was half my idea lol :p

Im here repping the small but growing iBasso/Hirose user group!
And you are so right, I always have to consider the costs of balancing whatever cans Im buying next, 
The budget is always higher than my wife would like lmao!

Some people already call me the 'balanced man' or was it 'total nutcase' ? :veryevil:
Oh well for sure i only do balanced now...
So i am in!
Do we need to post pics of our rigs? Tell something about it? Or post a review that u did for ur rig? Tell me...hehehehe :D
lets spread some balanced love into this world of headfi :wink:

Ps..paul invited me on this thread...

Oct 29, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #4 of 97
Pics please, Ill get some up a bit later. 
Reviews, Impressions etc,,,, All good here.
Also, Lets make this a go to thread, So if anyone knows of a new shiny or carbon connector, And Cables... We want to know about it!

Oct 29, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #5 of 97
Some people already call me the 'balanced man' or was it 'total nutcase' ?
Oh well for sure i only do balanced now...
So i am in!
Do we need to post pics of our rigs? Tell something about it? Or post a review that u did for ur rig? Tell me...hehehehe
biggrin.gif

lets spread some balanced love into this world of headfi
wink.gif

Ps..paul invited me on this thread...

Yea pics please, and I'm with Paul let's make this a go to THread :D

I'll be updating the main post with Pics of my cables as well! 

Oct 29, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #6 of 97
By the end of this year I'll have 3 balanced headphones and 1 balanced iem.

SennGrado's ( being built as I type this. )
Amperiors.
Tesla T50p's. ( Next on to do list in few weeks time. )
IE8's.

My only balanced amp at present is the iBasso PB2 Pelican, Although I hope to get an RSA Intruder at some point.
All I'll need is a Male kobiconn to female hirose adaptor, Thus I won't need to re terminate any of my cans/iems. :)
Oh and male kobiconn to male hirose to connect the Intruder and Boomslang, Should I wish to use optical or coax on the DAC end but use the Intruder's amp section.
My balanced DAC is the iBasso Boomslang DB2.

Sources for my balanced rig are all kinds but mainly my iPods and the DX50 once its here.

Oct 29, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #7 of 97
Well I have my NFb10ES2 as my at home source, balanced Amp/Dac. Then I use my HM901 Line out to iBasso PB2 when I'm on the go. I find the hm901 Dac Out put even in SE is pretty darn close to the NFB10ES2 [if not a smidge more revealing] 

but I'll post some impressions on that statement later 

Oct 29, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #8 of 97
Yea pics please, and I'm with Paul let's make this a go to THread :D

I'll be updating the main post with Pics of my cables as well! 

I will post pics later in evenin when i can get some free time :wink: and post what i have, balanced wise..but most already know what i have..cough..reviews..cough..mentioned..cough cough..in..my signature under this post :p
I am a true balance lover..in the extremest kind..even my new headphonecable is made in two seperate cables from beginning to end...one for every channel, both ending in 3 pins xlr :wink:
MaYbe u guys could post about this thread in the more higher end forums..and the he6, cavalli thread, audio Gd etc.

Ps..nice grado and denon headphone pics :p

Oct 29, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #9 of 97
I will post pics later in evenin when i can get some free time
wink.gif
and post what i have, balanced wise..but most already know what i have..cough..reviews..cough..mentioned..cough cough..in..my signature under this post
tongue.gif

I am a true balance lover..in the extremest kind..even my new headphonecable is made in two seperate cables from beginning to end...one for every channel, both ending in 3 pins xlr
wink.gif

MaYbe u guys could post about this thread in the more higher end forums..and the he6, cavalli thread, audio Gd etc.

Ps..nice grado and denon headphone pics
tongue.gif

I nominate you to help out with that one :)

Oct 29, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #11 of 97
Oh and look again, They're NOT Grado's.........

One is a denon..i am sure..but the other woody is a woody grado gs1000 right??? :p..oh wait..senngrado???? What is that? A frankenstein headphone with parts of both brands? :p
So u nominate me huh? Hehehe..
Well i will do my best to mention it on the threads i am active in :wink:

Oct 29, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #12 of 97

Gosh, after all these years there are people still out there who think this makes a difference.

Oct 29, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #13 of 97
Please, This is an appreciation thread.
Its not here to debate if balanced is better than single ended or not. We don't want this heading south before we even get started. :)

Oct 29, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #14 of 97
Please, This is an appreciation thread.
Its not here to debate if balanced is better than single ended or not. We don't want this heading south before we even get started. :)

I'm joking...... Something about the Battalion term triggered it.

All is cool.:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back