HE1000 V2 and EDX V2 Are Coming Soon
Dec 9, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #76 of 104

It was asked if the new pads improve the sound (from the second part of your answer it isn't clear if it addresses the V2 pads or the HE1000 V2), and I'm curious myself how close a pad upgrade brings the original version to the new version. Can you please enlighten us? Also, are the drivers identical, or have they been modified as well?

Thank you for your question.
The HE1000 V2's sound is absolutely better than HE 1000 V1.
You know that we not only change the earpads, but also the cable and the headband. Thus, if you want a better experience, we hope you can update the full set.
Thank you very much.

Yes, you haven't just changed the ear pads, but also the cable and the head band. And the wooden frame is slightly thinner, making for reduced weight. Now I don't need your new cables, since I use a (better!) aftermarket cable anyway, and I've managed to get along with the serious comfort issues provided by the original headband by adding some pads. Moreover I've modified the housing in a way that it probably offers the same sonic benefit as the new one. So all I really need is the new pads. I'm confident that I will get a sonic characteristic very close to the HE1000 V2 with them. So please be so kind and make the new pads available separately! If you refuse to do so, that would be bordering on extortion in my book. You can certainly empathize how it feels if one year after purchase of an expensive product the latter is getting improved, which also leads to a degraded resale value for the first generation. So your early customers don't need to get punished a second time by such a questionable policy which certainly doesn't raise HiFiMan's reputation. Please be fair!

I'm patiently waiting for your hopefully straight out reply.

Dec 9, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #77 of 104
  So please be so kind and make the new pads available separately! If you refuse to do so, that would be bordering on extortion in my book. You can certainly empathize how it feels if one year after purchase of an expensive product the latter is getting improved, which also leads to a degraded resale value for the first generation. So your early customers don't need to get punished a second time by such a questionable policy which certainly doesn't raise HiFiMan's reputation. Please be fair!

Fully agreed. As the second owner of my HE-1000 I am not even entitled for the 650 USD upgrade. Hifiman could sell the V2 pads and make decent money with them, instead of this terrible policy of suppressing their sale.

So, Hifiman executives, please talk with us!

Dec 9, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #78 of 104
I find it unbelievable that the pads are not available.

Clearly, the product upgrade and it's repercussions on existing customers have not been thought through properly.

I have certainly been put off ever buying another Hifiman product.

Dec 11, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #79 of 104

Yes, you haven't just changed the ear pads, but also the cable and the head band. And the wooden frame is slightly thinner, making for reduced weight. Now I don't need your new cables, since I use a (better!) aftermarket cable anyway, and I've managed to get along with the serious comfort issues provided by the original headband by adding some pads. Moreover I've modified the housing in a way that it probably offers the same sonic benefit as the new one. So all I really need is the new pads. I'm confident that I will get a sonic characteristic very close to the HE1000 V2 with them. So please be so kind and make the new pads available separately! If you refuse to do so, that would be bordering on extortion in my book. You can certainly empathize how it feels if one year after purchase of an expensive product the latter is getting improved, which also leads to a degraded resale value for the first generation. So your early customers don't need to get punished a second time by such a questionable policy which certainly doesn't raise HiFiMan's reputation. Please be fair!

I am completely, and 100% in agreement with this post, which also reflects my own situation. I think Hifiman should make the new V2 pads available for sale, as a show of respect to owners of the V1 with an aftermarket cable which is better than V1 and V2 stock cables.

Dec 13, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #80 of 104
No respect for your customers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamHiFiMAN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  It was asked if the new pads improve the sound (from the second part of your answer it isn't clear if it addresses the V2 pads or the HE1000 V2), and I'm curious myself how close a pad upgrade brings the original version to the new version. Can you please enlighten us? Also, are the drivers identical, or have they been modified as well?

You know that we not only change the earpads, but also the cable and the headband. Thus, if you want a better experience, we hope you can update the full set.
Thank you very much.

So I'm repeating my message...

Originally Posted by JaZZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

...and will continue to do so twice per week, until you – TeamHiFiMAN – condescend to respond in an open and candid way.

Dec 13, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #81 of 104
Yes, JaZZ, let oss fight for our rights! Hifiman, do you hear us?

Dec 18, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #82 of 104
Originally Posted by TeamHiFiMAN /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you very much.

You still haven't found the time for responding? Here's my concern again:

I'm patiently waiting for your hopefully straight out reply. One can always hope.

Dec 20, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #84 of 104
It seems that I have developed an allergy to some ingredient of their velours pads (V1) with the course of time. So I tried to contact Hifiman ten days ago and wrote the following email to customerservice@hifiman.com. I also wrote another short email as reminder, because I did not hear from them soon.

Dear Mr. Fang Bian,
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am the second owner of a HE-1000 with the serial number xxxxxxx. I live in xxxxxxx (European Union) and bought this headphone from a private person in xxxxxxx. I like the sonic signature of my HE-1000 very much, so I do not want to change it. The reason for writing you this email is, that I have increasing problems with the velours earpads. Wearing them, I break out in a rash. I already tried a second pair of these velours earpads, but the problem is the same. Obviously, I became allergic to some ingredient of the velours pads. :frowning2:

Therefore, I ask for your help. As the second owner of my HE-1000, I was not eligible for upgrading my HE-1000 V1 to V2. Moreover, I cannot send my HE-1000 from my Country to China fully insured (risk!). Also dealing with customs would be a problem for me (it is quite complicated exporting valuable things outside of the EU). Another problem is, that I would be without my beloved HE-1000 for at least several weeks. However, you could really help me, with selling me a pair of V2 earpads, because they are made of adifferent material (polyester instead of velours). Unfortunately, it seems that the V2 pads are not up for sale. In my special case with this terrible allergy, however, I ask you to sell me one pair of the polyester pads. Their price does not matter much for me, because I have no other alternative. :frowning2:

Many thanks for your understanding. I am looking foward to your answer.

Best regards,
​xxx

Maybe you can guess their answer already: NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. It seems that they do not even care!

Dec 20, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #85 of 104
That's a business policy beyond acceptable and an affront towards the customers! If there's been a hint of motivation to get a full V2 in my mind, it's definitely gone. What a sympathetic company! 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 20, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #86 of 104
I will also never buy any headphone from that company again. Thinking now whether to wait for the V2 pads for an indefinite time or sell my HEK. I like its sound, that makes it so difficult. Very, very sad. :frowning2:

Dec 24, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #87 of 104
@TeamHiFiMAN, come on, wake up! Respond to my request!

I'm patiently waiting for your hopefully straight out reply. One can always hope.

Dec 26, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #88 of 104
@TeamHiFiMAN are playing possum regarding the call to release the He-1000/He-X V2 ear pads for sale, but they cannot continue to do so for long if owners of the He-1000 and He-X V1 continue to make the demand:

Owners of He-1000 and He-X V1 Unite! and demand the release of the V2 earpads! If you want the pads post your demand on this thread.

Dec 26, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #89 of 104
● I want a pair. Count me in! HiFiMan, listen to your customers!

Dec 26, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #90 of 104
Count me in, too! Desparately needing the V2 polyester pads because of severe skin problems (allergy) with V1 velours pads.

Hifiman customer service, just talk to us! Ignoring emails from loyal customers is not the way to go!
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back