Greatest earphones around 1000 dollars?
May 24, 2017 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

VocaloidDude

500+ Head-Fier
So, I want to take one giant leap into the 1000 dollar market of earphones. It's a bit of an extravagant purchase on my part, but good sound quality is one of the things that matters to me most.

I have had my eye firmly focused on the Campfire Andromeda for some time now. I was thinking about getting the Trinity Phantom Hunter, which I have on back order from Audio Sanctuary, but I was thinking about going ahead and cancelling, because I'm hearing some people reporting sound quality issues, who have received the item after pre order shipping.

The reason I have my eye on the Campfire Andromeda, is because it seems to have across the board good reviews. Headfonics gives it a 9.5 in sound quality, Jude calls it his favorite earphone, it was super high on the head fi rating list, before the site update seems to have messed up the scoring system.

I'm not sure exactly what I want, but I'm hoping for good clarity, good natural sound, spacious, good imaging. I don't really know if I care for a particularly sound frequency like bass, treble, mid section, they all matter to me.

I have been listening to a lot of classical as of late, but I also listen to a bit of everything, from ambient, to industrial, to weird obscure experimental rock, to metal, to whatever else in between. I like audio equipment that is good for everything (if it isn't a myth that some earphones or headphones can actually be good for specific genres and not others).

I do plan on playing them out of my fiio x5 ii, unamped, un EQed.

May 24, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #2 of 3
Well, I think you are on the right path with the Andromeda. I love it, it is so versatile, so balanced and detailed and I just love it. Of those you list, that is what I would go with. I think you would be very happy with one. Hard to miss with an Andromeda.

May 25, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #3 of 3
One of the best I heard at CanJam this year the others were much more expensive. Agreed can't go wrong with the Andromeda's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back