Grado Fan Club!
Jun 25, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #35,837 of 65,548
Maybe, but those was out of my budget limit :)
By the way, Grado is much more forgiven to record quality. With Audeze I hear every pop on my vinyl :)
I find Grados not so forgiving when it comes to overcooked highs. Don't get me wrong. Grado will always be my first consideration. 325i was my first HP of quality. But the X is a good contrast; they both can't be replaced in my small collection. Maybe you might find a used X to try.

Jun 25, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #35,838 of 65,548
I find Grados not so forgiving when it comes to overcooked highs. Don't get me wrong. Grado will always be my first consideration. 325i was my first HP of quality. But the X is a good contrast; they both can't be replaced in my small collection. Maybe you might find a used X to try.
Have you heard or compared X vs. Grado's?

Jun 25, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #35,842 of 65,548
:D
Maybe you're right, maybe it's just a good joke :wink:
But as with those high expectations I had - now I have to make a decision to try different components and "find" love with Audeze or just sell and loose some money :)
There's nothing wrong with your components or your hearing, the LCD 2 are boring! :wink:
As much as some people and reviewers praise Audeze headphones there is as many people who don't like Audeze's. Don't feel like you're missing out on something, if the LCD 2 doesn't move you, they don't move you! :)

Jun 25, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #35,843 of 65,548
Bought new Audeze LCD-2's and don't know why, but I really like my old Grado RS2e more...
Maybe it's because my Feliks Audio Espressivo amp is no good match with Audeze.
How do you think guys?

I think its the amp, the Espressivo is a OTL amp designed for higher impedance headphones like HD650, HD800 and T1, it will make most Grado headphones warmer sounding and give a bass boost so its a more euphoric sound at the expense of some distortion/muddy bass. The LCD-2 doesn't sound good on most OTL amps since most lack the current for driving a planar design properly. I think the Espressivo is similar to a Valhalla2 and the Valhalla2 was not a good pairing for any planar headphone that I tried.

Jun 25, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #35,844 of 65,548
I think its the amp, the Espressivo is a OTL amp designed for higher impedance headphones like HD650, HD800 and T1, it will make most Grado headphones warmer sounding and give a bass boost so its a more euphoric sound at the expense of some distortion/muddy bass. The LCD-2 doesn't sound good on most OTL amps since most lack the current for driving a planar design properly. I think the Espressivo is similar to a Valhalla2 and the Valhalla2 was not a good pairing for any planar headphone that I tried.

I'm actually using the RS2e with the Elise, and I prefer it much more than the LCD-2. I'm not too good at explaining what I hear, but the LCD-2 is already a warm headphone, so I felt like it got overly laid back with a tube amp. The RS2e, which is more forward and bright, pairs very well with the Elise, which helps tame some of the hot treble.

Jun 26, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #35,848 of 65,548
ahhh i see. i have some curious about audeze lcd headphones. i want to know what the fuzz is all about.

i had some opportunity to do this about a year or two years ago.there was audio festival.they had all audeze line up.but the line was too long and the venue started getting very crowded so i figured i wouldn't get much time to properly demo it anyway.so i just left the room haha.but what really made me regret was it turned out on that table there was also shure electrostats.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2017 at 4:32 AM Post #35,849 of 65,548
Bought new Audeze LCD-2's and don't know why, but I really like my old Grado RS2e more...
Maybe it's because my Feliks Audio Espressivo amp is no good match with Audeze.
How do you think guys?

The LCD2 sound is very good with one terrible flaw: the weak treble. IMO this is where the electric guitar crunch and most of the energy live. For an exciting listening highs are very important. Also the treble is very important to accurately reproduce female voices. And indeed to expand the soundstage. For that reason, the LCD2 will perhaps transform the way its listener enjoys his music. It's a sound signature that dig downward from the mediums to the bass. Intimate soundstage. Transparent, detailed midrange. Deep and visceral bass.

I will try a sr325e and see if I like the grado sound since I listen to rock. But it scaring me not to have enough bass. If grado is not delivering the sound I want I will likely go back to Beyerdynamic and perhaps invest in a t1 or dt1770.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2017 at 4:44 AM Post #35,850 of 65,548
The LCD2 sound is very good with one terrible flaw: the tamed treble. IMO this is where the electric guitar crunch and most of the energy live. For an exciting listening highs are very important. Also the treble is very important to accurately reproduce female voices. And indeed to expand the soundstage. For that reason, the LCD2 will perhaps transform the way its listener enjoys his music. It's a sound signature that dig downward from the mediums to the bass. Intimate soundstage. Transparent, detailed midrange. Deep and visceral bass.

I will try a sr325e and see if I like the grado sound since I listen to rock. But it scaring me not to have enough bass. If grado is not delivering the sound I want I will likely go back to Beyerdynamic and perhaps invest in a t1 or dt1770.

for rock, metal,blues,folks, even old jazz grado sounds very great.the bass is i have to say probably one of the biggest flaw in grado, it just doesn't have deep bass. but it's still adequate, at least for me, it's still the most exciting headphone out there

if listening rock on grado doesn't move you. it definitely not going to happen in beyerdynamic. i only heard dt880/600, t1 1st edition, t5p 1st edition.it's just bland.it's nice headphones but bland

Users who are viewing this thread

Back